Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear 3 frontier and Huawei p20 lite

Options
  • 26-12-2018 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I got the Samsung gear 3 smartwatch today as a gift but cannot pair it with my Huawei p 20 lite phone. The Samsung gear app keeps crashing when I try to pair. My wife bought it and was told twice in Harvey Norman that it will work. Anyone know if this should work, and I just need to figure it out, or am I wasting time? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,389 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is the phone fully updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jeremiah Jobling

Yep, checked for system updates earlier and all up to date. Also tried uninstalling Samsung gear app, restarted phone and installed Samsung gear app again. Still the app keeps crashing. It launches for a second the closes.

Yep, checked for system updates earlier and all up to date. Also tried uninstalling Samsung gear app, restarted phone and installed Samsung gear app again. Still the app keeps crashing. It launches for a second the closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,389 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well the phone isn't listed as a tested device for Gear

Thanks fritzelly, doesn't sound good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I had a period where the Gear app (now called Galaxy Wear) kept crashing on my Pixel 2 after the Pie update. Took months for it to get sorted.

Try doing the cache clear, uninstall, and reinstall of Galaxy Wear, Gear S Plugin, and Samsung Accessory Service in case there was a glitch first time round. It should work with any Android phone.

Advertisement