Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Canon DSLRs out there with built-in HDR?

Options
  • 24-12-2018 8:06pm

Howdy do folks,

Just looking to see if anyone can help me out here.

I do a bit of work for a company that are mad into images that are HDR'ed to within an inch of their life. i don't really like it myself, but if that's what they want, then that's what they get.

So I'm trying to find ways to make life easier for myself, and wonder, i know many 'prosumer' and pocket cameras (including phones) have built in HDR modes, but do any Canon DSLRs have it?

I have googled about a bit and can't seem to really find anything. Ideally I'd be looking to buy on the cheaper end of the scale as the camera will only be used for this kinda work, which although labour intensive (due to HDR'ing) isn't something I'm doing everyday (ie; I don't want a 5DMk4 or something mental like that, costing thousands, and I'll likely explore second-hand options before opting for new).

Alternatively, I'd happily buy any bridge/compact camera that had it, and also had a wide-angle lens (I use a 1.6x crop camera (7D) and a 10mm lens, so effectively 16mm, and I need it for this kinda HDR stuff, so it'd need to be as wide as that, which makes it unlikely to exist in the consumer range?).

Cheers folks to anyone in the know here. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Yep the Eos 80d's got it. Heres more on it https://snapshot.canon-asia.com/article/en/using-the-hdr-mode-on-the-eos-80d
    I've got the 80d myself recently but not used it much, so no samples of my own to show you what its like.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can you give some examples of the look you're after? I bet with some simple editing on a reasonable cost camera you should be able to get a good punchy look. Lots of cameras offer 'Auto Plus' which gives a similar effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Magic Lantern. Runs on many (most?) Canon DSLRs. Itll do all the braketing for you then you just need to process stacks of n shots which can probably be scripted in PS.

The 7D already has bracketing options, but I'm trying to avoid the photoshop aspect as I find it too time consuming (even running an action - could be dealing with over 1000 pictures at a time). :o

The comment about the 80D has helped a lot though, as it lead me onto the (if i recall) 650D that has HDR built in, and I can pick it up for ~€350.

Advertisement