Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova Launcher prime on sale for .59c

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

yeah, everyone who doesn't have this should get this

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does this do?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jay28 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does this do?

Thanks

For .59c just buy it. Basically lets you customise the look and feel of your phone, you can even turn it into an iPhone with ios12 if you want that retro phone look.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Good find. Had 1.87 in my balance!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

What if I like the way my phone looks already :) is it worth getting?

• Advertisement

Narcissus wrote: »
    What if I like the way my phone looks already :) is it worth getting?

I think so. I have it mainly for the gestures, and to have my app drawer functioning the way I like it. I change devices regularly, but my Nova setup always comes with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Basil3 wrote: »
    I change devices regularly, but my Nova setup always comes with me.

this is why I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I haven't needed to use it for a couple of phones now, but it's well worth buying and trying out for 59c. Probably well worth it at the old price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What is the difference between the Nova Launcher and the Nova Launcher Prime?

abarkie wrote: »
    What is the difference between the Nova Launcher and the Nova Launcher Prime?

More settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Having just recently got a OnePlus 6T, is this of any use to me? I have a fair idea what it does but I really like Oxygen OS.

Maybe snap it up for future phones?

adox wrote: »
    Having just recently got a OnePlus 6T, is this of any use to me? I have a fair idea what it does but I really like Oxygen OS.

Yeah especially for tablets. Probably pointless for the OP6T though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Can pre configured themes be downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

adox wrote: »

I bought it a few years ago for 10cent in a Google sale and have used it on every phone since, so deffo pick it up for future would be my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Icons keep disappearing from my main home screen with this.

I added them back in but after a while the old ones came back so that they're layered on top of each other

Any idea what could be up?

long_b wrote: »

I added them back in but after a while the old ones came back so that they're layered on top of each other

Are you using an icon pack/theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I think this is a must for any Android well worth the few cent.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime

Thanks for the heads up :)

Recently got a Xiaomi A2 (running Android Pie) and the google search bar and weather widget on the home screen were bugging me . Not any more :)

I also missed the "hidden apps " feature from Lineage on my previous phone (Oppo R7s)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you using an icon pack/theme?

Says "Icon Theme - System"

Says "Icon Theme - System"

Ok, it's not that then. Weird one, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I've just been playing around with it and noticed the same thing. For me it happened any time I changed the grid size of the desktop.

Does anyone use folders in Nova? Just tried them and pretty disappointed. They're very ugly, the pop up is a straight square and can't seem to be configured

• Advertisement

I've just been playing around with it and noticed the same thing. For me it happened any time I changed the grid size of the desktop.

Does anyone use folders in Nova? Just tried them and pretty disappointed. They're very ugly, the pop up is a straight square and can't seem to be configured

There's a folder option in settings. You can set the popup to window or immersive, and you can set a custom background colour and corner radius. I'm sure there's other things you can set as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Picked this app up the other day, thanks to the OP's heads up about the sale and bloody hell does it make a difference to everyday phone use :) I found the vid linked below a good starting point on just how much this app lets you thinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Was a long time user of Nova Launcher Prime but Evie is much better, much better/nicer graphics, not overloaded with settings etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=is.shortcut&hl=en_IE

Advertisement