Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairytale of New York covers

Options
  • 23-12-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Should be banned.

Every douchebag and his sister tries it, and they're always crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Gavin James' cover is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The Ronan Keating/Moya Brennan version is one of the few covers that could justly be described as better than the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Shaun Ryder said he wouldn't touch a song like that

Respect

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Christy Moore sang it in Vicar street two weeks ago and dedicated it to the LGBT community lol. His version is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The Ronan Keating/Moya Brennan version is one of the few covers that could justly be described as better than the original.

giphy.gif

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ronan version is a travesty like putting boxers on Michaelangelos statue of David don't censor art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Take that back or I call the police

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Should be banned.

Every douchebag and his sister tries it, and they're always crap.

That's harsh on poor aul Ronan...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They should burn in hell with the original…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I wouldn't expect people on hear to know anything about music. Unlike Shane MacGowan, at least Ronan Keating can hold a note. It's an exquisite cover that breathed new life into a jaded song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ronan version is a travesty like putting boxers on Michaelangelos statue of David don't censor art.

Where is he now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I wouldn't expect people on hear to know anything about music. Unlike Shane MacGowan, at least Ronan Keating can hold a note. It's an exquisite cover that breathed new life into a jaded song.

Go away now Ronan, you sing through your nose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Go away now Ronan, you sing through your nose

Also left out the word Fagg(o)t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Where is he now?

Buried in a Basilica in Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ronan has butchered every song he ever covered. Fortunately, fairytale was ****e to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ElegantColorfulBird-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We have a new cover and by the one and only Jon Bon Jovi

Its quite unique i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We have a new cover and by the one and only Jon Bon Jovi

Its quite unique i must say

That's one word for it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Beyond me how anyone could think "you're a squirrel cause you're nuts" was a line worth writing down, let alone record in a song and release to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Morris Garren

Also left out the word Fagg(o)t

Twas cheap and twas haggard.... Happy Christmas my backside, I pray to the Almighty its the last time I hear this awful yoke of a song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

clipart-thumbs-down-thumb-signal-11562939569knc6bhoc48.png

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There are singers and bands not yet born who will have a go at this classic.

Let them at it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Stark wrote: »
    Beyond me how anyone could think "you're a squirrel cause you're nuts" was a line worth writing down, let alone record in a song and release to the world.

I wouldnt mind that, it's just bad.... bad all round even if it kept the original lyrics it would be the worst version I've heard, by far. Even Ronan fücking Keating had a bit of, something, to add to it

EDIT, I actually had to listen to the Ronan Keating version to cleanse my ears after listening to that shıte

Don't censor art a message I conveyed 2 years ago is so important it should be international law.

Ronan botched many a song in his time but his rendition of Fairytale of New York should be used only for torture purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Shometing tell me this might be Ronan himself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Don't censor art a message I conveyed 2 years ago is so important it should be international law.

Are you the one who came up with the idea that art shouldn't be censored? Two whole years ago? Fair play to you. Maybe give it another 6 months to catch on, I'm sure the UN are just getting around to it.

Another possible Ronan here, WE GOT ANOTHER POSSIBLE RONAN HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Nessa and Bren FTW

Advertisement