Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plinking targets

Options
  • 22-12-2018 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I recently purchased the below targets and I can't believe the durability of these things. Both the 223 and 308 do nothing more than take the paint off

I am not in any way connect to this company, but I have been looking for and bought a lot of targets over the years and nothing comes close to these

If you are in the market I would definitely recommend these

https://ssstarget.com/products/triple-target

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tikka391

Hi pm.
    If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back with postage all in if your in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Hi pm.
    If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back with postage all in if your in the south.

I was up north this week so picked them up, bought the targets stand and 2 tins of orange paint for £90

I'll have them at midlands tomorrow. The guy I bought them from reckons his mate shots a.338 at them with no damage, expensive shooting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I saw these at the previous game fair in Birr, seemed very sturdy and they had 'examples' of targets with shots on and the damage or lack of compared to similar steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tikka391

pm. wrote: »
    I was up north this week so picked them up, bought the targets stand and 2 tins of orange paint for £90

I'll have them at midlands tomorrow. The guy I bought them from reckons his mate shots a.338 at them with no damage, expensive shooting.....

Thanks.

I saw these at the previous game fair in Birr, seemed very sturdy and they had 'examples' of targets with shots on and the damage or lack of compared to similar steel.

I will post pictures tomorrow after we shoot the sh1t out of them at the range tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Hilux2005

I purchased a 6" gong with frame and one of the crow targets last week. They charged 11 pounds for delivery to Kildare and it arrived in 3 days..

Good few lads shooting at them today, a respray and they are as good as new, except for the clamp ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daithidoo

Good few lads shooting at them today, a respray and they are as good as new, except for the clamp ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

That's handy got just a lifting shackle or d shackle
    You will pick them up in engineering supply's or hardware / plant hire shop
    Or just use google

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

Thinking of buying some as well. What height is the target frame and did you need to peg it down ?

Didn't need to peg it down but it's easily done there are 4 holes drilled into it, I hope to be out again tomorrow and will Tage a picture of the frame and measure it.

I would guess about 3ft x 3ft but will give you the exact measurements the next couple of days

• Advertisement

zeissman wrote: »
    Thinking of buying some as well. What height is the target frame and did you need to peg it down ?

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

There you go

Nothing showing .

zeissman wrote: »
    Nothing showing .

Hope this works

Advertisement