Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Panasonic TV in Power City

Options
  • 22-12-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about Freesat.I bought this 49" TV last year at 699 with saorview and satellite tuner built in.Now reduced to 399.Might not be everybody's cup of tea but I think it is a super TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about Freesat.I bought this 49" TV last year at 699 with saorview and satellite tuner built in.Now reduced to 399.Might not be everybody's cup of tea but I think it is a super TV.

Not on website. What model?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

U should say model only one i see is 699?/

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

It is TX 49E S503B. it said on the price clearance.Maybe it is the display model.Was still available last night.

It is TX 49E S503B. it said on the price clearance.Maybe it is the display model.Was still available last night.

I should have added that was in the Blanchardstown store.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Bargain Alerts

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Moved to Bargain Alerts

Mod

I know it is a bargain alert but probably of no interest to members outside the satellite forum.You could probably get a 49" elsewhere at that price but the satelite feature is key.

Anyway point taken and respect to you,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah I'm going to pass since they are ex display. Will hold off for January sales.

https://powercity.ie/product/49ES503

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

It's a Free To Air Satellite TV, not a Freesat TV.
    Freesat is a brand, a joint venture between the BBC and ITV

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a Free To Air Satellite TV, not a Freesat TV.
    Freesat is a brand, a joint venture between the BBC and ITV

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/televisions/HDTV/tx-49es503b.html
    TX-49ES503B 49 is FreeSat - so looks like you will get the full EPG ( make sure you see FreeSat on the model and get the sales person to say it too )
    BUT you will need to set it to UK and tune in Saorview as channels up around 800 - I don't know if you get the Irish EPG or just now/next
    Switching between satellite and terrestrial might be seamless or it might be a right royal PITA

manual - looks like you can record and playback at the same time, but can't confirm
    https://tda.panasonic-europe-service.com/docs/2z5c1fa6b0z3z3e659z656ez706466z24zd5898355a329186739b5e5ea05d7b1a0737f54a3/tsn3/data/ALL/TX32ES503B/OI/954941/TQB0E2768U-E.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

sugarman wrote: »
    They're ex display, wouldn't bother with something that's been on all day everyday for God knows how long.

I bought a ex display 2010 model Sony in 2012. I gave it to my mother in 2014 and that TV is on 24/7 365. Still works perfectly.

Non vestel Panasonic’s, Sony’s, Samsung’s, and LGs will last you years

Avoid Toshiba, Walker, Nordmende, Sharp, Philips, Kenwood, Goodmans, etc etc as they’re built by UMC and Vestel. Capacitors will blow in less than 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have had no problems with my two philips tvs 2012 and 2014 models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I bought a ex display 2010 model Sony in 2012. I gave it to my mother in 2014 and that TV is on 24/7 365. Still works perfectly.

Non vestel Panasonic’s, Sony’s, Samsung’s, and LGs will last you years

Avoid Toshiba, Walker, Nordmende, Sharp, Philips, Kenwood, Goodmans, etc etc as they’re built by UMC and Vestel. Capacitors will blow in less than 3 years.

Philips Tv bought in 2010 - still as perfect as day one
    Is there somehwre that lists brands with who makes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

No Powercity in Cork, heading out in a bit with my father to get a new TV, anyone have any picks of the bunch between Curry's, Harvey Norman, Soundstore etc sales? No nothing about TV's tbh so could probably be misled in store. Anything up to 50 odd inch and preferably below 650 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Most of them have a Samsung 55 inch 4k, smart for 499, which seems pretty alright.

This one here :

https://powercity.ie/product/55NU7021

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hayezer wrote: »
    No Powercity in Cork, heading out in a bit with my father to get a new TV, anyone have any picks of the bunch between Curry's, Harvey Norman, Soundstore etc sales? No nothing about TV's tbh so could probably be misled in store. Anything up to 50 odd inch and preferably below 650 euro

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-50uk6470plc-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10178164-pdt.html

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8192769/Trail/searchtext>50+inch+TV.htm
    I have the Philips one,got it cheaper before Christmas. Richersounds has it for £479 sterling on their site.

Advertisement