Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 22-12-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭

Ascot 3:35 - First Figaro ran a pretty poor race on UK debut a few weeks ago, but still had enough quality to come out on top. I think there is clear improvement to come with this one, and off the back of previous bumper form and a low handicap rating, I think 25/1 on offer looks a little big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Newcastle 11:40 - continuing on the theme of former Irish trained horses now in England, I think Felix Mendelssohn is worth a small bet. The breeding of this horse has been a serious disappointment for Coolmore, but this horse does have some reasonably good flat form from the early part of its career, and with it dropping down to a poor 0-100 UK hurdles race after a couple of recent runs to secure a handy rating, I think it could be the quickest horse in the race, provided it can jump hurdles. Favourite obviously a huge concern, especially with it only being bumped up 4lb after its previous win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Full Glass for me at Ascot. Really fancied this fella last week before he was pulled as the ground wasn't soft enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Not sure if anyone recalls the run of Lisp lto , thought he got a tender enough ride, maybe that’s the way he is. Was fancied in Cheltenham in March so bit of a risk he’s being aimed back there again especially with trainer having 3 in the race but I’m willing to risk it ew 12/1 Ascot 335. Call me lord and gold present my other two ascot fancies. Other ones I’m have small ew interests in at Thurles Aherlow, western honor and young dev. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Cyrius Darius looks too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

John Egan's mount in the last (3.25) at Lingfield for John Berry. Formerly with Cumani, ran a screamer the last day when Egan went too soon. Money down today. 7/1

DeBromhead could have a beano at Thurles today, his horses have been flying at big prices. Aherlow in the opener well backed. King of Brega later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ascot 15.35 - Fidux ew @ 18-1 generally ( paddy power on 6 places )

C&D winner in October. Today's ground is unknown. However Alan King was bemused that this horse was not entered in the Greatwood after winning with plenty in hand, I think 8 lengths.

18 - 1 is to big for a last time winner who is only a 5yold and could be open to all sorts of improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Saturday TV Longshot EW Lucky 15

1:50 Rock on Rocky 25/1 (Course Form)
    2:25 West Approach 40/1 (Sure Stayer)
    3:00 Flying Angel 20/1 (Gut Feeling)
    3:35 Mohaayed 20/1 (class Edge)

I did it with Paddy with extra places last 2 races. Total Spend 6 Points

Really fancy Magic Saint in the next at Ascot. Should improve a bundle from first run, ground ideal, getting weight off most and drop back in trip in its favour. Hendersons thing drifting so might need the run and i couldnt have Hells Kitchen for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Siding with Sam Spinner in the 2.25 Ascot - 5/1. Ground will suit, if he's back to his best he'll win here.

BumperD wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone recalls the run of Lisp lto , thought he got a tender enough ride, maybe that’s the way he is. Was fancied in Cheltenham in March so bit of a risk he’s being aimed back there again especially with trainer having 3 in the race but I’m willing to risk it ew 12/1 Ascot 335. Call me lord and gold present my other two ascot fancies. Other ones I’m have small ew interests in at Thurles Aherlow, western honor and young dev. GL

Reading Alan Kings comments suggests it may not be lisps day ( says horse prefers left handed ahemm march :) ) and fidux is the more fancied I’ll cash out

• Advertisement

2:40 Haydock

Splash of Ginge looks to have his conditions here and this doesn’t looks the strongest renewal. He can run his race of this mark and 14/1 looks value

1 Point win 14/1 Generally

Called that wrong :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Called that wrong :D

You were secretly cheering Barry there...

JP has 5 horses running in the UK today.

The first 3 have won at 15/8, 40/1 and 5/1.

2 to go.

2.25 Ascot Unowhatimeanharry 9/2

2.40 Haydock Kimberlite Candy 5/1

Would be great to see Sam Spinner back to his best but after that interview with Jedd you’d be a little concerned if the spark is gone. Hopefully he runs well

Wow Aidan Coleman’s first Grade 1 winner that is a shock, he’s bagged so many races over the years never knew that

Wow Aidan Coleman’s first Grade 1 winner that is a shock, he’s bagged so many races over the years never knew that

Pity he decided to win today considering I was on 2nd at 40/1..

STB. wrote: »

DeBromhead could have a beano at Thurles today, his horses have been flying at big prices. Aherlow in the opener well backed. King of Brega later.

Thats Dylan Robinsons 4th win on The King of Brega. 11/1

DeBrom has won the last 2. He has two in the next @ 3.25. Stack's Mountain the less fancied of the two the one I've backed @ 7s.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Full Glass for me at Ascot. Really fancied this fella last week before he was pulled as the ground wasn't soft enough.

Not fluent at a few but went out like a light. Did he eventually pull up?
    Disappointing as I was expecting better.

Reading Alan Kings comments suggests it may not be lisps day ( says horse prefers left handed ahemm march :) ) and fidux is the more fancied I’ll cash out

Lisp still being backed hummmm ....

• Advertisement

Lisp still being backed hummmm ....

Once he is not given the exaggerated ride he was given last time out!

Thought is between his and Emmet Mullins horse. R/F's for me and Tornado Watch to get first run.

See the Doyle's sold Fiesole. First run for new connections in the race also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

aidankkk wrote: »

superb

Super pick Aidan

STB. wrote: »
    Once he is not given the exaggerated ride he was given last time out!

Thought is between his and Emmet Mullins horse. R/F's for me and Tornado Watch to get first run.

See the Doyle's sold Fiesole. First run for new connections in the race also.

Note to self. Don’t let King put me away ever again. Ran a cracker. Winner was very good again

Pity he decided to win today considering I was on 2nd at 40/1..

Great shout and you got consolation in the last

That Hutchinson must think he is sitting on a jumbo jet when he gets up on Lisp.

Lisp the chancer. My three at Thurles placed. Unusual for me to hit a few on a Saturday

Hopefully we get a few on boards next week

Advertisement