Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nails, Gels vs Acrylics

Options
  • 20-12-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Need help deciding as my appointment is tomorrow.
    Was going somewhere regularly and had gel nails, had to stop going as it was beginning to get very expensive.

My nails are in bits, peeling flaking and breaking, and so short now to just at finger tips.

Tried to get an appointment where I normally go but booked full so managed to find somewhere else for tomorrow, but they are telling me acrylics are better, no lamp, stronger, etc.

Unsure which to go for. I don't want a lot of length and am worried about damaging my already weak nails.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

dragona wrote: »
    Need help deciding as my appointment is tomorrow.
    Was going somewhere regularly and had gel nails, had to stop going as it was beginning to get very expensive.

My nails are in bits, peeling flaking and breaking, and so short now to just at finger tips.

Tried to get an appointment where I normally go but booked full so managed to find somewhere else for tomorrow, but they are telling me acrylics are better, no lamp, stronger, etc.

Unsure which to go for. I don't want a lot of length and am worried about damaging my already weak nails.

Neither. Put on nail strengthening lacquer and cuticle oil and let them grow. Then shellac on natural nails. My nails were soft and short, kept breaking after acrylic/gel. You can't break the cycle if you keep getting them done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’d agree that I’d try get the natural nail back into decent condition first

Advertisement