Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply chain question

Options
  • 20-12-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi im doing an analysis of Zara's supply chain which is very agile and can change quickly depending on fashion tread.

I need to give an example of another sector where this model would help.

Zara used customer feedback to keep there product up to date, control manufacturing. they have a responsive supply chain in an uncertain market. I know that not much detail

spent a few day searching foe an example, any ideas ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would guess that the grocery sector would also have to be fairly agile. Wouldn't be that dependant on changing consumer sentiment though. Advertising maybe? Or the music business?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Electronics is another example, Dell would be a good one, as the requirements for consumer electronics (in this case pc's) change and they must adapt to new technologies and breakthroughs.

I've also seen Amazon been mentioned, but their agility is structured around inventories.

EDIT: This may help

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/j.2158-1592.2006.tb00241.x

Advertisement