Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post - Delivery confirmation email, but no sign of package

Options
  • 18-12-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have experience with missing packages from An Post? I received a delivery confirmation email today from them but when I got home there was no sign of the package and nothing in the letterbox, nothing left in with neighbours.

The email states "We can confirm that the item was delivered on 18-Dec-2018 13:21 and was delivered to DDF."

What/where is DDF? I can't find any sort of explanation for what this is?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

yeah, had it happen a few times over the last few weeks myself. It'll probably arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Same happened me yesterday, parcel arrived today. Seems to be An Post confirming it on their side- maybe accepting into the depot or going into the back of a van etc & causing a double delivery confirmation. Cause I had to sign for my parcel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Thanks, little bit relieved after reading those replies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I've got the same message on the tracking system, but not received.

horse7 wrote: »
    I've got the same message on the tracking system, but not received.

An post were no help, they say it's signed for, but it can't be because we spent that day in hospital, the postman says he can't remember anything about it,where it was left,who signed for it etc, AliExpress won't refund me ,as they say an post says it was delivered. I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

horse7 wrote: »
    An post were no help, they say it's signed for, but it can't be because we spent that day in hospital, the postman says he can't remember anything about it,where it was left,who signed for it etc, AliExpress won't refund me ,as they say an post says it was delivered. I give up.

Request a copy of the signature.

Have done that, it's just a squiggle, the postman doesn't remember anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Does anyone here have experience with missing packages from An Post? I received a delivery confirmation email today from them but when I got home there was no sign of the package and nothing in the letterbox, nothing left in with neighbours.

The email states "We can confirm that the item was delivered on 18-Dec-2018 13:21 and was delivered to DDF."

What/where is DDF? I can't find any sort of explanation for what this is?

Any advice?

What objects are around your house that begins with D.D.F.
    I got a signed delivery before by L.Porch. which we copped was Left in Porch.... thing is, it wasn't. It was thrown in the coal bunker at the back of the house, about 15m from the porch.

Wish you luck with an post.

Advertisement