Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing friends gun over Christmas

Options
  • 18-12-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

A friend has just purchased a nice new shotgun and is heading off on holidays over Christmas for about a week. He has asked could I store his gun at mine while he is away. I would like to help, but am wary. I am not sure what the position is on this. It is obviously safer with me, locked up in a safe that will be occupied over Christmas. But its not the address on the licence.
    I know you can rent "space" at an RFD to store a gun for a period of time. If that can be done, and is legal, then wouldnt what I would be doing not be the same thing??
    Just looking for some clarification, I had a search and couldnt find a relevant post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No, because you're not a firearms dealer I assume?

You certainly can do it but it would be illegal. Tell him to go to a RFD

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Croohur

Grand, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Usually like a fiver a week in with the rfd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

You would be in possession of firearms that you have no licence for, if you get caught, you and your buddy would have a lot of explaining to do.

gunny123 wrote: »
    You would be in possession of firearms that you have no licence for, if you get caught, you and your buddy would have a lot of explaining to do.

Won't be doing that so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hasn't your pal got a gun safe??Tell his missus that should be his next Xmas present.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hasn't your pal got a gun safe??Tell his missus that should be his next Xmas present.:)
    Shes less organised than he his.....I've sent him links to suitable safes on various sites, delivered to the door, he has a trigger lock of mine right now, that was only supposed to be for a week or two..... (it is broken up and seperated through the house)

Advertisement