Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 18-12-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I got a new boiler /heating controls for 3.200 recently , applied for grant , sanctioned. I had clicked section that said property was lived in prior 2006.

now Ber assessor reckons meter was in , in 2006 , and said that on the assessment submitted ,.

Now grant is being refused as report says it was 2006 or after , house was lived in.

I paid 150 to BER to get report to get grant , 750 grant , now both down the drain..

I had casually mentioned to auctioneer how old was house in the summer and he said around 12/13 years old , I reckoned boiler grant was ok , I didn't buy house after , but rented it , the landlord also said he thought it was around the same age.

The frustrating thing is that they had granted the application and were about to pay , but looked for different bank account details.....

someone must have reviewed their initial decision , and knocked it on the
    short time , it appears to be out , by this 2006 deadline , the fact it is a more efficient boiler , and in the spirit of what is trying to be achieved by giving these grants , doesn't matter.

can I appeal ? any link to appeal document . or am I wasting my time , better just write it off.

Paddy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,236 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

so... you gave incorrect information on the grant application ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

well done. 10 out of 10. I am also only human and made a genuine error , by using the information I had to hand.

Not intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

can you check with Bord Gais when the meter was originally put in (and double check its not a replacement meter)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Not intentional fair enough but unfortunatly for you , your home does not meet the criteria for payment of the grant . I'm afraid you won't get get the grant but you have a more efficient house now and you know it's ber rating.

well done. 10 out of 10. I am also only human and made a genuine error , by using the information I had to hand.

Not intentional.

unfortunately your dwelling doesnt meet the criteria to be grant assisted.... so that error means you have wrong assumed youd be grant assisted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Can't you check when the house was built from the planning application on the local CoCo website?

my3cents wrote: »
    Can't you check when the house was built from the planning application on the local CoCo website?

nope.

if the ESB meter was installed in 2006, and the BER assessor has no other evidence of the dwelling being completed beforehand, then they have to reasonably take that year as the year of construction.

Does the OP have a certificate of compliance as part of the conveyancing documents received after purchasing the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

I got a new boiler /heating controls for 3.200 recently , applied for grant , sanctioned. I had clicked section that said property was lived in prior 2006.

now Ber assessor reckons meter was in , in 2006 , and said that on the assessment submitted ,.

Now grant is being refused as report says it was 2006 or after , house was lived in.

I paid 150 to BER to get report to get grant , 750 grant , now both down the drain..

I had casually mentioned to auctioneer how old was house in the summer and he said around 12/13 years old , I reckoned boiler grant was ok , I didn't buy house after , but rented it , the landlord also said he thought it was around the same age.

The frustrating thing is that they had granted the application and were about to pay , but looked for different bank account details.....

someone must have reviewed their initial decision , and knocked it on the
    short time , it appears to be out , by this 2006 deadline , the fact it is a more efficient boiler , and in the spirit of what is trying to be achieved by giving these grants , doesn't matter.

can I appeal ? any link to appeal document . or am I wasting my time , better just write it off.

Paddy

BER assessors get it wrong, the whole BER is flawed, I had an issue where I had a BER assessor decide I did not have a full 2 channel heating controlled system and put this in a report, had to follow up with him even though it was obvious to see and confirm visually and it appeared he didnt really know what he was talking about, after numerous emails the report was edited, Its highly possible the BER assessor got it wrong, Id go to gas networks and enquire off them if they have records, you might get some information at the land registry

sydthebeat wrote: »
    unfortunately your dwelling doesnt meet the criteria to be grant assisted.... so that error means you have wrong assumed youd be grant assisted.

His dwelling doesnt appear to meet the criteria, it may be the case there is an error, you cant tell from here.

1874 wrote: »

His dwelling doesnt appear to meet the criteria, it may be the case there is an error, you cant tell from here.

from all available information provided, its difficult to say otherwise.

theres a world of difference between an assessor not recognising 2 channel heating control system... and visually seeing 2006 printed on an ESB meter.

anyway, its an easy fix.

the OP needs to get proof the dwelling was constructed before 2006

its completely pointless trying to appeal on the basis that he filled out the forms wrong

daheff wrote: »
    can you check with Bord Gais when the meter was originally put in (and double check its not a replacement meter)?

Thanks for this helpful common sense advice. That's the great thing about boards.
    I rang the ESB this morning with no luck.
    It's trying to find out who the supplier was in or around 2006 is problematic as records are only kept for 6 years by utilities, food for thought tho, thanks

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »
    Not intentional fair enough but unfortunatly for you , your home does not meet the criteria for payment of the grant . I'm afraid you won't get get the grant but you have a more efficient house now and you know it's ber rating.

Many thanks.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    from all available information provided, its difficult to say otherwise.

theres a world of difference between an assessor not recognising 2 channel heating control system... and visually seeing 2006 printed on an ESB meter.

anyway, its an easy fix.

the OP needs to get proof the dwelling was constructed before 2006

its completely pointless trying to appeal on the basis that he filled out the forms wrong

It makes no odds really. If it was constructed in 2004, it still wouldn't comply.
    It must be lived in. You prove that by providing a utility bill.

THREAD COMPLETED , THANKS TO ALL.

If you are a boardsie reading about seai grants ...check title documents re date of construction , but a utility bill must be
    available before 2006. Your BER ASSESSOR , noted when meter put in , so its an easy one to get genuinely caught out on!

Happy Christmas.
    Paddy.

Advertisement