Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Phone for Snapchat, Instagram under €260

Options
  • 16-12-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

My 15 year old nephew is looking for a new phone and has his sights set on purchasing a second hand iPhone because his main apps he uses are SnapChat and Instagram and he complains that the camera is crap on Android devices while good on iPhone.

Personally I'd be more inclined for a new Android phone but what within the budget gives good actual camera support within SnapChat.

He's tried Mi A2 Lite and Redmi 4 which he reckons aren't any good.

Ideally looking for real life recommendations on the phones having used them for SnapChat, etc. not just recommendation based on the front camera being brilliant in spec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Mi A2 all day, €180 brand new and the cameras front and back are both excellent. Stock Android too so its the most secure / up to date.

https://www.honorbuy.com/243-xiaomi-mi-a2

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭antomack

Thanks for the reply but unless someone can specifically say SnapChat works brilliantly on the Mi A2 I assume you're just recommending based on the spec.

antomack wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but unless someone can specifically say SnapChat works brilliantly on the Mi A2 I assume you're just recommending based on the spec.

you can safely go on the spec.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It couldn't see why not, as snapchat dumbs the pixel quality down anyway regardless of the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭antomack

That's the problem, SnapChat have taken shortcuts in the Android development by just screenshotting the camera preview rather than actually using the full capability of the camera so everything looks blurry / out of focus for the most part. Apparently Pixel 2 and higher work fine but well above budget.

• Advertisement
Advertisement