Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from GearBest

Options
  • 16-12-2018 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi has anybody here bought from GearBest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi has anybody here bought from GearBest.
    I have several times in the PAST,stuff comes sometimes it's even the right stuff one ordered,but their customer care team is akin to EIR ,in other words ****e, avoid

you'll get got for customs (it will be stopped for customs if coming from China so don't expect it not to) as they offer very little from their European warehouse. so the price you see is not the end price if coming from China as add collection fee + VAT onto that.

plus expect shipping to take a long time as well as the time for customs delay.

eglobal probably a much better option altho they occasionally have issues too but you won't have customs issues as comes through eu

(recommending them as if you're looking at gearbest it's obviously for price reasons)

honorbuy a good option for quick delivery altho cost + delivery cost will be higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Thanks lads I did a bit of googling and came up with more or less what ye're saying, so I'll be giving them a swerve.

they are ok for buying cheap things (under the customs limit) that you don't mind waiting 5 weeks for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Grand for phone covers and stuff like that. Don't expect it to come any time soon though. My last experience was bad (almost 2 months waiting on smartwatches) and customer service was dreadful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement