Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel prices in Sligo

Options
  • 14-12-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Ive always notice petrol and diesel prices are always expensive in Sligo the bundoran road always hold the prices high.but been in bundoran and for diesel it's 131.9 and a small station up the road is 129.9 and it's also 129.9 in ballyshannon there is a large price diffrence up to 9 cebt in some places in sligo
    are sligo retailers not passing on the apparent price decrease or are they just keeping it cosy and keeping it night with themselves.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sligono1 wrote: »
    Ive always notice petrol and diesel prices are always expensive in Sligo the bundoran road always hold the prices high.but been in bundoran and for diesel it's 131.9 and a small station up the road is 129.9 and it's also 129.9 in ballyshannon there is a large price diffrence up to 9 cebt in some places in sligo
    are sligo retailers not passing on the apparent price decrease or are they just keeping it cosy and keeping it night with themselves.

Same appears to be happening all over the country.

138.9 for Diesel locally here, drive to dublin and it increases anywhere between 6 and 8 cent dearer. Maybe some places are still on old stock at the higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Same places who raise the price the second there is an increase old stock or not

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Kimbot wrote: »
    Same appears to be happening all over the country.

138.9 for Diesel locally here, drive to dublin and it increases anywhere between 6 and 8 cent dearer. Maybe some places are still on old stock at the higher price.

I find the opposite, places near me around west Dublin have cheaper diesel than Sligo. A petrol station near me has diesel for 132.9 at the moment whereas whenever I'm back in Sligo for a weekend it's always at least 5c more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

1.40 in maynooth for both petrol and diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Ya 136 last week for diesel in east cork and only a few kms from the local refinery/stores madness ..with our government getting a huge amount in taxes from fuel why can't they simply regulate the prices..you'd often wonder also are we actually getting a proper measure..ie a litre or a bit less???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Ya 136 last week for diesel in east cork and only a few kms from the local refinery/stores madness ..with our government getting a huge amount in taxes from fuel why can't they simply regulate the prices..you'd often wonder also are we actually getting a proper measure..ie a litre or a bit less???

The pumps themselves are regulated and have to be operated within specific parameters, i.e. the fuel should be stored at a constant 15C temperature, which ensures the volume of the fuel you're getting is consistent across pumps, this is often indicated on the pump below the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Diesel seems to have taken a bit of a dive in price today,Applegreen mail coach road advertising diesel at 131.8 per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

glaswegian wrote: »
    Diesel seems to have taken a bit of a dive in price today,Applegreen mail coach road advertising diesel at 131.8 per litre.

They've dropped prices by 5c/l at all their own sites (not franchises), got a mail about it this morning. My local one is now 129.9 for diesel.

https://www.applegreenstores.com/the-great-price-drop/
    Terms & Conditions
    The 5c per litre price drop begins from Friday 14th December 2018
    This 5c price drop applies to Applegreen fuelgood fuel across all Applegreen sites in the Republic of Ireland only.
    Price drop may be on either fuelgood diesel or fuelgood unleaded
    The 5c price drop will be priced against market prices set on 6th December 2018.
    There is no restriction on the amount of litres which customers can purchase.
    The Promoter; Applegreen reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the price drop in the event of any unforeseen circumstances arising which are beyond it’s reasonable control without giving prior notice & without liability. Prices may change in line with market fluctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I find that the two suppliers in Finisklin are usually good value.

I paid 133.9 for diesel in Jones Oil this week, I think on Mon/Tue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

130.9 for diesel this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Drove through Finisklin today and diesel at 128.9 in both outlets

Advertisement