Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home protection - whats legal ?

Options
  • 14-12-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

So my Nest cam picked up a couple of scumbags climbing into my garden and checking the shed. My garden is directly accessible over the wall from the public footpath. I have a security light, house/shed alarm and a camera but this is not a deterrent apparently.

I am now thinking wall spikes and anti-climb paint, is it legal to do this in Ireland ? I have read you need to put up warning signs :rolleyes:, surely warning signs just means they will be more prepared with a rug or something to cover spikes/paint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well, I assume you can put anti climb paint on the top of the wall,and a wooden trellis along the top can help too, (it may depend on the height of your wall,)
    A camera of itself wouldn't do much, yes you can see where and when they get in, but chances are you wouldnt see faces anyway...
    Maybe a better lock, or door on the shed...

If you're really set on having spikes and barbs... Get down to the garden centre and get a few prickly plants..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Get a dog. Its better than any of that stuff. If he is cross even better but watch him with friends and family.

Advertisement