Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential GoPro Alternative

Options
  • 13-12-2018 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B073P8BWKS/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

Not going to pretend I know anything at all about GoPro/action cameras, but am travelling myself soon so was looking to pick one up, and went for this - so sharing in case it's a bargain.

I've found TechRadar to be a decent enough site for reviews on phones etc., so followed their ratings when looking for a travel/action camera.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-action-camera

They have the camera listed above as #7 on their list, and as far as I can see it's the only camera (other than the Yi Lite, which I would presume is a step down as it's one lower on the rankings) that is sub €193* (The Yi 4K+ links that say they're <€200 bring you to the 4K action camera, which is the camera I'm posting about).
    The best link on that site brings you to Amazon.it, where you can get the camera (in rose gold/pink) for €95, with no accessories, when back in stock.

When following the Amazon.de link posted above, you can apply a €45 voucher, which allows you to get the camera in white along with the selfie stick (which looks to be €30 by itself), for a total of ~€98 when delivered to an Irish address.

Voucher only valid until midnight Saturday 15/12. When I ordered yesterday it said delivery should be by 19/12. Might be useful for a present for someone before Xmas.

Edit: Not waterproof, think you need to buy case if needed. Also need to buy a micro-SD card (apparently 64gb or less, class 10 U3, will work best as per: https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/229417467-What-are-the-requirements-for-my-microSD-card-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Can get a GoPro 1080P 2018 around this price and flash the firmware which will make it a 4K Hero 5 Black

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Can get a GoPro 1080P 2018 around this price and flash the firmware which will make it a 4K Hero 5 Black

Link? I can cancel/return this if better available for similar price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

revz wrote: »
    Link? I can cancel/return this if better available for similar price

Just checking HUKD, loads of posts a few months ago in the £105-£130 range and everyone saying they will be clearing out the model so expect prices to drop, after checking though seems to be sold out. Have a search you might find something. Also look up the firmware hack, v.easy apparently

Advertisement