Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European sun (ish) in January

• 11-12-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on solo winter sun in Europe in January?

Not looking for somewhere particularly warm or anything just less darkness and rain!

I was thinking of going to Madrid for sightseeing and then heading down to Malaga for a few days to do active type thing's, look around the galleries and relax but I'm just not sure what Malaga would be like for tourists in January?

I like sightseeing /culture /food but I'd also be looking to do active type things eg horseriding /hiking /cycling etc I'm not sure if somewhere else might be better to combine these things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I would say Madrid is likely to be cool due to central location

Malaga last week was 21c in day 10 at night

Can get wet around this time of year and New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Malaga will be quiet enough outside NYE. Can get cold enough at night. Madrid won't be as cold as here obviously but won't be exactly warm either..there is a reason they have heaters in the stands at the Bernabéu

Malta/Cyprus/Rome other options for decent weather in January and it's actually best time to visit Rome as crowds are down thus queuing for the main sites is a breeze.

Beautiful time of the year to visit Amalfi Coast too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The canary islands will be your best bed for a bit of warmth. 20-25c temps, off season so will be cheaper for accom and food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Seville.
    Plenty to see and do, all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

The canary islands will be your best bed for a bit of warmth. 20-25c temps, off season so will be cheaper for accom and food too.

I probably should have been clearer when I say "warm" I mean irish warm as in 10-15 degrees and basically just not raining and constantly overcast :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement