Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering moving from employee to limited company/sole trader

Options
  • 11-12-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could anyone recommend an accountant or consultant for this scenario?

I live in the Celbridge/Leixlip area and work in the city centre at a tech company. I drive to work on a daily basis (diesel car).

I have spoken to a number of people about the possibility of setting up a limited company/sole trader.

Some have a negative view of this while others are the complete opposite.

A few things to consider not looking for a mortgage anytime soon and do a few bit of nixer jobs, web development for clients and will be looking to expand on nixers.

Any form of advice is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

This, I believe would be the main criteria for setting up as a sole trader. In my case I have 10-15 regular and many casual users of my services. I spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in each venue so that an employee relationship cannot be said to exist.

This allows people to engage my services fairly easily without the commitments of providing work and paying a salary each week.

If you have only one user of your service then the government may not allow you to register as a sole trader because this allows the employer off with paying employer PRSI. Many in the building trade are trying to become employees for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Soletraders

Is it a website development business you are going to start?

Advertisement