Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get replacement screens/digitisers?

Options
  • 10-12-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭

Harder to find than I expected but my wife's phone dropped from her handbag and the touch screen is non responsive to touch anymore.

It's a Galaxy J5, 2017 model I think, and my Google skills only find them on Amazon. Is there somewhere that would have a decent selection, where do the phone repair stores get theirs from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hurrache wrote: »
    Harder to find than I expected but my wife's phone dropped from her handbag and the touch screen is non responsive to touch anymore.

It's a Galaxy J5, 2017 model I think, and my Google skills only find them on Amazon. Is there somewhere that would have a decent selection, where do the phone repair stores get theirs from?

eBay would normally have a better range than Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

I buy second hand screens from a local phone repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭honda boi

AliExpress or eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'm put off by the eBay ones as they just seem too cheap, less than €15 I'm assuming are poor quality.

What's the deal with Ali Express these days, will I get one this side of Christmas?

I had thought of popping into the phone repair stores and seeing what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭corkie

Expensive but quality parts from this supplier:-

http://www.ipartsbuy.com/product/default!search.do?searchCategoryId=&keyword=Galaxy+J5+lcd

If you can, for easy replacement, look for an LCD with Frame.

Then you don't need to get the old one of the frame or need adhesive layer/glue for the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

As the screen is Super AMOLED, how likely is it that what I find on eBay is just some crappy basic LCD?

Advertisement