Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker?

Options
  • 09-12-2018 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Good evening all,
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a good speaker for my husband please? He has spotify on his phone and would love a good speaker, I have looked at the bose outdoor one or the turtle 3.0? I honestly wouldn't have a clue which one is better? Help please? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

There are lots of options out there.

It depends what and where you want it, if you want to expand the system or just have a one off.

I have a few, UE booms (which are great as stand alone)

I have Sonos in the house and the office as we are using them to expand the system which is great and they all integrate.

IMO Bose are a little overpriced for what they are but that is not knocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It all depends on budget.

For around 100 UE are excellent. Other good brands are JBL, Sony, Bose, Jam, etc. Sonos are excellent but they are WiFi not Bluetooth enabled and around the 180-300 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Thanks will prob go with a UE one, will have to chat instore and see which is loudest etc appreciate the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have two bose, docking station and wireless bluetooth. I got the wireless bluetooth as a present (from my bank!) a few years back and it has relegated almost everything to collecting dust. We bring it to the beach, camping, hook it up to the tv and project outside with a 3mm jack. use it for parties. I am sure its an old model now, 7 years approx, but still working perfectly. If you can pick up the older models they are much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have a Bose one too - won it as a prize! I was a bit dubious at first but it is actually brilliant. It's a bluetooth one. Has great sound out of it. Like Jude, we use it all the time, battery lasts ages on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Thanks for the input! Will have a look instore and decide then.

Advertisement