Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Chromecast ultra

Options
  • 07-12-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a Chromecast ultra for my mum for Christmas. She usually downloads shows and movies onto the Netflix app on her iPad and the Chromecast would be a means of casting onto her little Non Smart Tv. Would the Chromecast use much internet when the show/movie has already been downloaded on the original device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge chimes in but my experience and research before suggested that Chromecast always plays Netflix from online and bypasses any download.
    In your example it would be like downloading twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fman wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone with more knowledge chimes in but my experience and research before suggested that Chromecast always plays Netflix from online and bypasses any download.
    In your example it would be like downloading twice.

Correct.

Advertisement