Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands on a weekday

Options
  • 07-12-2018 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

This is a question for any regulars of the MNSCI

Have been using the range regularly each weekend for the past couple months but due to work im only free midweek untill christmas.

How exactly do i go about using the range on a weekday?

I was breifly told when i joined that i text JP to ask to use the range on a particular weekday and use my card at the main gate to scan in.

My main question is do i need to meet with an RO or how exactly do i go about it on arrival..

I dont wanna be dragging an RO down to the range to look at just myself firing off a few rounds for an hour..

do many others use it during the week?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

I think Tony is there most Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

On most ranges of my acquaintance that's what an RCO does.

You shoot and he or she watches you shooting safely, and manages the range safely around you while you are doing it.

That's what you pay your fees for, part of which pays for him or her to do it. Even in a club like ours, where RCOs do their jobs as volunteers, it's a part of the life of a club that is taken seriously by those who undertake the duties. Around 25% of our membership are NRA-qualified RCOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

alanmc wrote: »
    I think Tony is there most Thursdays.

Would it be a case of meeting tony when i arrive and telling him what range ill be using etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

GolfVI wrote: »
    Would it be a case of meeting tony when i arrive and telling him what range ill be using etc

Yeah. Give JP a text before hand though anyway. Sometimes he has guys in doing work on the range. Give him a text or a call and arrange when you want to come down and what range you want to shoot on. They're generally very accomodating.

Advertisement