Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Ulster Bank RENEWAL Charge?

Options
  • 06-12-2018 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

We spotted a new charge on our Ulster Bank statement for November. A payment of 25 for RENEWAL (no further details) of type CHG.

This is a Business Current account. We normally see CHG payments for individual international transfers and 2-monthly (or 3, I'm not sure) transaction charges. But this is the 1st RENEWAL payment this year. And all the other charges are uneven amounts, this one is bang on 25.00.

I spent 5 or so minutes on their web chat to be told I had to call a Customer Service centre. 10 more minutes on to them before being told that the representative had no idea what it was but my case had been logged. And I'd have to phone back in a few days to get an answer, probably another 10 minutes. Apparently they're not allowed to make outbound calls - they're probably afraid of using up all the 25 quid on a call to a mobile number.

And now I've had another 5 minutes of a rant here!

Anyone know what this charge is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Overdraft facility renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sportsmaddad

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Overdraft facility renewal?

Maybe. Is that just a once per year charge? Strange that 2 representatives of Ulster Bank couldn't explain it.
    Also, I got it slightly wrong, it's down as RENEWAL FEE on the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sounds like an overdraft renewal fee, charged annually.

Advertisement