Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incompetent Clare Co.Council

Options
  • 06-12-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hi,Can someone tell me who is in charge in Clare Co.Council.They are currently doing road works in Lahinch road and at Inch bridge.How are people meant to travel to work from North West Clare.They only start working on roads this time of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

This is the best time of the year. No tourists, less traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

fire_man wrote: »
    Hi,Can someone tell me who is in charge in Clare Co.Council.They are currently doing road works in Lahinch road and at Inch bridge.How are people meant to travel to work from North West Clare.They only start working on roads this time of the year.

When do you think it would be a good time to do roadworks at this location I must ask? Is there some time of year when people from west clare don't have to go to work? Is there really only one road from north west clare to 'work'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/roads-and-transport/news/proposed-temporary-road-closure-r474-inch-bridge.html

Proposed Temporary Road Closure R474 Inch Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

I have no problem with roadworks but they are working on both Lahinch and Kilmaley roads the same week which is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

I have no problem with roadworks but they are working on both Lahinch and Kilmaley roads the same week which is madness.

Many apologies, I understand now what you mean. Not so familiar with those roads and didn't realise it was two different roads you were referring to.

That doesn't seem the best of ideas I must admit. It definitely would seem to make more sense to stagger the works.

No consolation but I guess the week is nearly over now though so just 1.5 more trips to bear before at least one is finished!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

If one is a national route and the other not then it may be the NRA doing one and the council the other, so just an unfortunate coincidence.

Or maybe both went in the same tender to reduce costs, as the gear would all be in the same area together.

Advertisement