Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lu mar srl shotgun

Options
  • 05-12-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Has anybody here any experience with these guns?
    I bought one thinking it was a lanber(I know I should have checks the barrel myself and not taking the sales pitch as gospel but I'm abit thick sometimes) , got my license issued for a lanber and when I brought it home yesterday evening it says lu mar srl made in Italy. I plan on going to the Garda and asking for a substitute license.

I did some Google and YouTube searchs and have found sfa, so I am hoping that Mabey one of you can tell me if it is worth keeping or should I bring it back and change it as its clear not a lanber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

I bought one thinking it was a lanber(I know I should have checks the barrel myself and not taking the sales pitch as gospel but I'm abit thick sometimes) , got my license issued for a lanber and when I brought it home yesterday evening it says lu mar srl made in Italy. I plan on going to the Garda and asking for a substitute license.

I did some Google and YouTube searchs and have found sfa, so I am hoping that Mabey one of you can tell me if it is worth keeping or should I bring it back and change it as its clear not a lanber?

How? Do the serial numbers match up from gun to licence? If you got your licence isaued for a lanber? What does the licence say

Lumar i think are related to silma im not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

How? Do the serial numbers match up from gun to licence? If you got your licence isaued for a lanber? What does the licence say

Lumar i think are related to silma im not 100% sure though.

The only numbers on the gun don't match up with the number on the license, put the numbers on the gun seem lick parts numbers 5 digits long and all matching. Where is the serial number normally on over and under?

the license is filled out with details I was given by the dealer. License says lanber but the guard I was talking to tonight thought it wasnt that big a deal, I'm going back in tommorow to see the fo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I’d be going back to see the gun dealer not the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

The only numbers on the gun don't match up with the number on the license, put the numbers on the gun seem lick parts numbers 5 digits long and all matching. Where is the serial number normally on over and under?

the license is filled out with details I was given by the dealer. License says lanber but the guard I was talking to tonight thought it wasnt that big a deal, I'm going back in tommorow to see the fo.

Straight back to the dealer. Could potetially be on posession of a gun you have no licence for. The serial numbwr could be under the chap you use to break the barrels. Or on the receiver somewhere

Straight back to the dealer. Could potetially be on posession of a gun you have no licence for. The serial numbwr could be under the chap you use to break the barrels. Or on the receiver somewhere

Well I'm hoping the fo can tell me that I have the amendments form there so, If she says bring it back up I will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Sounds like the dealer told you he was selling you one thing but sold you another. I'd be going back to him.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Sounds like the dealer told you he was selling you one thing but sold you another. I'd be going back to him.

I want to go back up but I don't want to meet a guard along the way with a licence saying one thing and a gun stamped another.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

I want to go back up but I don't want to meet a guard along the way with a licence saying one thing and a gun stamped another.

There's about as much chance of that happening as winning the lotto and even if it did there's even less chance of been prosecuted for trying to bring a firearm back to the dealer so as to not be in possession of the wrong firearm.

*sits back and waits for the end of world, tin foil hat nut to say but technically they can do you , if I was you id ring the commissioner and have him personally collect it from your house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Get up to the dealer as soon as you can, bring the correspondence where the dealer gave you the details of the gun you licensed even if it was a note you wrote down when you were on the phone.
    The dealer hasn’t given you what you bought.
    You’re already in possession of the unlicensed firearm so having it in the car on the way back to the dealer is not much different to keeping it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That is serious. No way the dealer should have handed over a Lumar in place of your licence saying Lanber. Ring them and bring the gun back asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

https://mcbrides.ie/products/lumar-scirocco

http://lakelandsportssupplies.ie/shooting/Used-Shotguns/Lumar-Shotgun-111-174-679.html

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/lu-mar

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=188620

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159772

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

i have a lu-mar 20 bore for about 10-12 years i dont use it that much as i have a 12 bore as well but i have used it for
    pigeon shooting firing around 100 to 150 at a time. never had any trouble with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I seen a bitza shotgun before, bitza this and bitza that, made up by a tricky dealer. The barrels, action and foreend each had a different serial number. Check the numbers on each part before anything else.

But something very fishy seems to be going on with that dealer. He broke the law handing over a firearm to you that you were not licenced to possess.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

gunny123 wrote: »
    I seen a bitza shotgun before, bitza this and bitza that, made up by a tricky dealer. The barrels, action and foreend each had a different serial number. Check the numbers on each part before anything else.

But something very fishy seems to be going on with that dealer. He broke the law handing over a firearm to you that you were not licenced to possess.

I've often came across shotguns with different serial numbers generally the older stuff. Wouldn't be a mix of guns just the way they were put together. Probably bits picked at random from a parts bin on the production line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I've often came across shotguns with different serial numbers generally the older stuff. Wouldn't be a mix of guns just the way they were put together. Probably bits picked at random from a parts bin on the production line.

The one i seen was a beretta 682 !

skipking wrote: »
    i have a lu-mar 20 bore for about 10-12 years i dont use it that much as i have a 12 bore as well but i have used it for
    pigeon shooting firing around 100 to 150 at a time. never had any trouble with it.

Glad to hear man I'll be keeping it once the licence comes back but for now she is back in the dealers gun room.

Advertisement