Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might need a behaviourist.

Options
  • 04-12-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a two-year-old rescue collie who arrived six months ago. A gorgeous lady, but very timid. I have some experience of dealing with nervous collies but I'm worried this girl has sort of stopped making progress, and has in fact regressed in small ways. For example, when I'm home she absolutely will not leave her bed and she'll die of thirst before she'll cross the kitchen to the water bowl. She used to gallop up the stairs to bed at night but now she'd rather stay in the kitchen on her own. I thought there must be something I'm missing and I'd like to help her any way I can.
    I was wondering if somebody here could recommend a dog behaviourist who can help a nervous dog. She's not a 'problem' dog, not snappy or unpredictable or anything, but I'm worried that she's passing her days in a state of terror. We're in the west of the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

If you have a look on the APDT Ireland they will have a list of trainers per county. Even send off an email to them outlining the situation they may be able to advise on who to contact in your area that's best equipped to help.

Advertisement