Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing your business

Options
  • 04-12-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hey All,

I've recently started me own business (side project) and was wondering how business owners on boards are marketing their businesses.

I know every business is different and has different marketing requirements but curious to know if people are going down digital marketing, traditional or outsourcing their marketing to others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,499 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Google and Facebook ads along with general Facebook promotion if done right bring in allot of business.

My problem is as kids grow I have less and less time to devote to a second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I started with facebook and google, have added instagram which I find much better for getting the right audience. I recently started paying an English company to start looking after it all and it's made a massive difference. I'll admit, they are not doing anything special, they just know what to do right.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear it.

I'll definitely look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

hairyslug wrote: »
    I started with facebook and google, have added instagram which I find much better for getting the right audience. I recently started paying an English company to start looking after it all and it's made a massive difference. I'll admit, they are not doing anything special, they just know what to do right.

Would you share the name of the company you are using and their rates? Feel free to PM me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Bugatti wrote: »
    Would you share the name of the company you are using and their rates? Feel free to PM me either.

I've been in touch with a few good agencies in Ireland this week regarding marketing. What exactly are you looking for? Might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

I've been in touch with a few good agencies in Ireland this week regarding marketing. What exactly are you looking for? Might be able to point you in the right direction.

The ultimate goal for me is to drive traffic to a website. This is just for a side project I'm doing so I dont have huge funds to invest in it and I'm just struggling to find the time myself to work on marketing/social media/SEO. But any of those are areas I would be interested in paying professionals to do work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Bugatti wrote: »
    The ultimate goal for me is to drive traffic to a website. This is just for a side project I'm doing so I dont have huge funds to invest in it and I'm just struggling to find the time myself to work on marketing/social media/SEO. But any of those are areas I would be interested in paying professionals to do work for me.

Also interested in the above, if you could share details I'd appreciate it

Advertisement