Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decreasing pregnancy symptoms

Options
  • 04-12-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to go away around 8 weeks pregnant. I’m 8 weeks today and my boobs are not sore anymore and my nausea has gone also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

From my experience in early pregnancy the symptoms came and went at different times. I’d have days where I yearned to feel nauseous followed by ones where I yearned to stop... early pregnancy is a head melter xx

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That happened me at 8 weeks on my 2nd pregnancy and scared the crap out of me. I rang the hospital and they told me everything was probably grand, but to come in and they'd check me over just to put my mind at ease. All was grand, and the next morning I awoke to nausea and nipples that felt like someone was holding a flame to then. :o if you're concerned, it's no harm to ring the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Yes totally normal. Tomorrow may bring new symptoms or next week the sore boobs and nausea could return. Early pregnancy is such an anxious time, hopefully the next few weeks fly by for you so you'll have your first scan. If you're really stressing, a private early scan is always an option. We had one around 8 weeks and it was great for reassurance and really made everything feel real.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Hi Loriexxx
    I lost all my pregnancy symptoms in week 6 with no 2- lost weight and I was totally freaking so I booked a early pregnancy scan last Saturday and I have a fine healthy baby that was kicking away with a lovely heartbeat. I was 10wk + 2. The scan was so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

For what it's worth, I'm 23 weeks today and I've not really had any symptoms so far at all. No sickness or nausea, odd bit of firey nipples now that I'm further along, but generally I feel pretty normal - except my bump is getting bigger!

Early pregnancy is absolutely terrifying, if you are worried there's no harm in popping to your gp. I had a few scans at the early pregnanct unit before 12 weeks which really helped ease my mind about things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement