Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media for TV

Options
  • 03-12-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I have Virgin Media for Broadband and Sky for TV
    I like the idea of having redundancy for the TV in case the broadband was ever to go down

However it is very rare and looking and bundling the TV & Broadband into one

My Virgin media hub is in my box room upstairs where I work from and in the same room is the connection box

Does the TV box need to be plugged into the wall connection box via a cable or can it work through the wifi?

If it means it has to be connected it would mean re routing the cabling etc to get it to the front room where the TV is and I was hoping that could be avoided

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Has to be on the co-ax. In some cases VM go over the roof to get a new point to the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ED E wrote: »
    Has to be on the co-ax. In some cases VM go over the roof to get a new point to the rear.

TV is at the room at the front and so is the room upstairs that the hub is currently in, just on opposite sides at the front

I suppose they could just extend to the room with TV over the top and down the front drain pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In one word.."don't"
    It couldn't wait to get rid of virgin TV. The EPG was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Greywolverine

MOD EDIT: No discussing methods of piracy here on boards.

Advertisement