Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True wireless earbuds

Options
  • 03-12-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? And I'm talking budget range, lol

I usually go with something from the top ranked on audiobudget but I'm getting annoyed with my latest pair the wire keeps tangling and by the time I've unravelled it, I've reached my destination

Although I'd mix it up a bit and try a pair of true wireless earbuds

Now don't laugh...

The silvercrest ones coming into lidl. Worth a punt?

I said don't laugh :D

Or would I be better spending that 40 or 50 on Amazon and getting a better budget alternative?

Edited to day I'd like a charging case, if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ImARebel wrote: »
    Any recommendations? And I'm talking budget range, lol

I usually go with something from the top ranked on audiobudget but I'm getting annoyed with my latest pair the wire keeps tangling and by the time I've unravelled it, I've reached my destination

Although I'd mix it up a bit and try a pair of true wireless earbuds

Now don't laugh...

The silvercrest ones coming into lidl. Worth a punt?

I said don't laugh :D

Or would I be better spending that 40 or 50 on Amazon and getting a better budget alternative?

Edited to day I'd like a charging case, if possible

I got a pair of Bluetooth ones in Aldi, not truly wireless, there's a wire connecting them. My advice is to stay away. They're shíte. They cost about €15, so can't expect much. But they're really uncomfortable and the sound quality is unbelievably bad. They don't go too loud either. They currently live in my car as a spare pair

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Well I took a chance and for what I want them for (commuting) they are perfect

OK sound is a small bit tinny but they do go loud and will do me grand. I love the little charge case with them (yes I'm easily pleased)

They aren't bad at all

ImARebel wrote: »
    Well I took a chance and for what I want them for (commuting) they are perfect

OK sound is a small bit tinny but they do go loud and will do me grand. I love the little charge case with them (yes I'm easily pleased)

They aren't bad at all

Cool, if they suit you, great. It's a minefield out there buying earphones with the amount out there. How much were they?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Cool, if they suit you, great. It's a minefield out there buying earphones with the amount out there. How much were they?

It really is and with 2 kids mine could just as easy end up broken within an hour hour of getting them. So that's why I don't spend mad money on anything

They were 40,i thought they were worth a punt at that price. I went on to aliexpress and they were about that anyway same on Amazon for the Chinese brands

€40 probably give you something half decent, but stay away from the budget €15 stuff. €40 seems to be the price for half decent non brand totally wireless.

• Advertisement

So far so good anyway. I could be back in 2 weeks moaning about them after returning them :D

So... They've been returned :(

Was going great until I put it in my pocket. Couldn't get my music to play. Kept losing connection it was like a scratches record

I know it's not my phone because I used others with no issue

So back they went

The search continues

Honestly, you're better off getting a good(expensive) pair. You'll be glad you did in the long run even though those cheap one's you see on Amazon, etc are tempting. You'll find that you're throwing money at a new pair if you stick with the cheap yokes.

Honestly, you're better off getting a good(expensive) pair. You'll be glad you did in the long run even though those cheap one's you see on Amazon, etc are tempting. You'll find that you're throwing money at a new pair if you stick with the cheap yokes.

I know you're right. If it was just me and no chance of little hands getting near them I'd have no qualms about splashing out.

Pesky kids. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pain in the hole, lol
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Got a pair of Mobvoi Ticpods. Quite pricey (€130) but really good. I suppose they'd want to be for that price.

Advertisement