Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Complete wireless PIR faulty?

Options
  • 03-12-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I got a low battery warning on a wireless Visonic wireless PIR (K9 version) and replaced the battery as I've done a few times with all the sensors over the years with no problems.

This time though after replacing the battery this PIR is randomly setting the alarm off - it's done it that many times I've un-enrolled it (if that's the correct term).

Is this a sign the sensor is faulty and kaput, or is there anything I can do to try and get it up and running again?

When I un-enrolled it I couldn't find a setting to 'fully' delete it from the system, I could only find a setting to make it 'not active' or some such term. Is there a way to maybe fully delete it from the system and try to enroll it again to maybe get it back working properly?

Cheers for any and all advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you un enroll it it is deleted off the system.If its constantly false alarming replacing it would be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jasper12

I have a similar problem. Did you know of anyone who would be able to service this alarm system at reasonable cost? Did you get your problem solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Educate

Jasper12 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem. Did you know of anyone who would be able to service this alarm system at reasonable cost? Did you get your problem solved?

I un-enrolled the sensor, took out the battery, put the battery back in again, re-enrolled the sensor and it all worked again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would certainly be worth a try. After that , most good installers would be familiar with these systems. Where are you located?

Advertisement