Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTBs - Structural Engineer/Building Surveyor and Solicitor Advice?

Options
  • 03-12-2018 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my wife are looking to buy our first home and I would like to get a structural engineer or building surveyor to have a good look over the house before handing over a wad of money. The house is near Drogheda but I'm looking for your advice on people to look into? Would really appreciate any help or referrals if you've used someone very good!

Similarly, we've never had a solicitor of our own so we're looking for one and wondering if anyone could let us know of a good solicitor to contact. Someone who doesn't need to be chased and you've enjoyed working with?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note

Recommendations by PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Hi all,

Myself and my wife are looking to buy our first home and I would like to get a structural engineer or building surveyor to have a good look over the house before handing over a wad of money. The house is near Drogheda but I'm looking for your advice on people to look into? Would really appreciate any help or referrals if you've used someone very good!

Similarly, we've never had a solicitor of our own so we're looking for one and wondering if anyone could let us know of a good solicitor to contact. Someone who doesn't need to be chased and you've enjoyed working with?

Thank you

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for either of these, you can send by pm. Would really appreciate your help even if it's a use or stay clear of a solicitor or certain survey company.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

bidding on an apartment and want to have everything lined up.

any recommendation for Structural Engineer/Building Surveyor?

pm me please .

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It would help if you said where you were located?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

dudara wrote: »
    It would help if you said where you were located?

ofcourse, I am sorry

it's Dublin

apartment is in South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Hi Dundara and Syndrome777,

If you have any recommendations, please send them on to me also, thanks!

I'm based in Dublin 5, but can travel depending on if the solicitor is good obviously.

Thank you

Advertisement