Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steel action rifles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Yes they are a lovely gun and very well made. Wayyy better than a blaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

It's just dandy for a German-speaker like me, but there does not seem to be an English version - a pretty sad state of affairs when you consider the size of the English-speaking market.

TBH, I'm still trying to see why they are 'wayyy better than a blaser [sic]' - in what respect? No interchangeable barrels like a Blaser, right?

And the guy with the sticky-out ears in their Youtube movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=-UH3myXMCTk - fails to inspire me with any degree of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

tac foley wrote: »
    It's just dandy for a German-speaker like me, but there does not seem to be an English version - a pretty sad state of affairs when you consider the size of the English-speaking market.

TBH, I'm still trying to see why they are 'wayyy better than a blaser [sic]' - in what respect?

A cousin of mine who i shoot with bought a brand new blaser shotgun. Nothing but trouble, it went back to the importer at least 4 times for repair, until he told them he wanted his money back. They were very unhelpful. Personally before this episode i thought Blasers were overpriced and over rated, now i am convinced.

Anyway back to this Brand, they seem to be nice rifles, its just i have never heard of them before. As for the German language only website, agreed, it would be easy to have it in a range of languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

gunny123 wrote: »
    A cousin of mine who i shoot with bought a brand new blaser shotgun. Nothing but trouble, it went back to the importer at least 4 times for repair, until he told them he wanted his money back. They were very unhelpful. Personally before this episode i thought Blasers were overpriced and over rated, now i am convinced.

Anyway back to this Brand, they seem to be nice rifles, its just i have never heard of them before. As for the German language only website, agreed, it would be easy to have it in a range of languages.

That's not a fair comparison - one was a shotgun and the other is a rifle. What is there about this rifle that makes it better than the Blaser rifle? With around 50% of our 450-strong membership into hunting sports, I'd like to be able to offer them worthwhile advice, rather than a comparison with a completely different kind of gun. There are many Blasers and the Mauser 'copies' in use in the club membership. One of my shooting colleagues, who has a Blaser in three calibres, has taken over 150 deer so far this year. It would be nice to be able to tell him that he could have been shooting a rifle that cost half as much, and getting the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

tac foley wrote: »

TBH, I'm still trying to see why they are 'wayyy better than a blaser [sic]' - in what respect? No interchangeable barrels like a Blaser, right?

And the guy with the sticky-out ears in their Youtube movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=-UH3myXMCTk - fails to inspire me with any degree of confidence.

Having worked on literally thousands of blasers i can say i am not overly impressed by their quality control.
    There are aspects of their designs that i do like.
    However i feel that the steel action is a better design made from higher quality parts and materials. The action cycles much nicer and the rifle is better balanced. (At least in my opinion anyway.) They will hold a group just as well as the blaser will and yes its true you cant change the barrel but i dont see it as a big downfall.
    I have shot both brands in many different calibers extensively both from the bench at 100m and on running boar etc..
    When we began to sell them first we were selling them for 1200 euros which was an absolute steal. Now that they have become somewhat more popular they are of course more expensive but nothing in comparison to the blaser which is 85% marketing. There is no doubt the blaser is a good rifle but its not worth the price, not in a million years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement