Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc wireless sensor battery replacement

Options
  • 01-12-2018 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭

My alarm says the wireless sensor battery needs replacement. Is this a diy job or will the alarm go mental if I open the sensors ?

What batteries do they take?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    My alarm says the wireless sensor battery needs replacement. Is this a diy job or will the alarm go mental if I open the sensors ?

Thanks

Can be done by yourself or installer.
    If alarm is unset and you open the device it will show a tamper at the panel by beeping. Using your user code will stop this.
    If you have engineer code then putting this in in advance will stop this altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

altor wrote: »
    Can be done by yourself or installer.
    If alarm is unset and you open the device it will show a tamper at the panel by beeping. Using your user code will stop this.
    If you have engineer code then putting this in in advance will stop this altogether.

Thanks is there a way to tell which sensor needs replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks is there a way to tell which sensor needs replacement

when you first get a low battery warning the system will indicate which device battery is low. After that is its in the log menu

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks

Can you tell us what make of system you have or what wireless devices they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Going to post here rather than start a new thread as I have the some of the same issues. Alarm is showing a faulty message, RF device battery.

As far as I know, I have 2 wireless units - one on a door, I was able to replace the battery (C123) fairly easily. The other, is harder to get at. Any idea how to remove the screw in the picture below?

This is the unit

Anyone know if it takes a C123 battery also?

• Advertisement
Advertisement