Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to throw away garden soil

Options
  • 30-11-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I want to remove a pile of garden soil out, I checked some skipper websites seems they cannot accept garden soil.
    Is there any other way can do that? need garden renovation company?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Advertise it for free top soil to take away.people are always wanting it.you or the person collecting it might have to barrow it out to the trailer depending on your set up and accesability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can you describe the situation in the garden, is it much, can you actually use it to build a bank of earth and plant it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You need the standard size skip for them to accept garden soil and rubble. They cost around €300.

Is it good soil? Could you bag it up and advertise it on donedeal/adverts? Or build raised flower beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Skip bags will usually take it. Depends on how much you're looking to get rid of though. A tonne of soil is surprisingly small. I dug out a 10 sq.m. section of the front garden to put down stones and I ended up overfilling a 4-ton steel midi skip.

You can't really even give it away; it would have to filtered and aerated and treated. A tonne bag of fine topsoil will cost €60 delivered, so anybody into their gardening is not going to go trawling ad sites for free topsoil of unverifiable quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

You can bring it to that recycling centre in ballymount, may by weight or per car load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 xliu0106

Hi, Thanks all.

I checked recycling center, they cannot accept soil.

So far I did not package the garden soil, but I am going to try book a skipper.
    Barrow them to skipper would be tough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

xliu0106 wrote: »
    Hi, Thanks all.

I checked recycling center, they cannot accept soil.

So far I did not package the garden soil, but I am going to try book a skipper.
    Barrow them to skipper would be tough job.

https://www.oxigen.ie/dublin-amenity-centres/37-ballymount-recycling.html

I brought soil here as recently as last summer

Could you top dress the lawn with it if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭dathi

Advertisement