Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia remote for Vodafone TV?

Options
  • 29-11-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

We have a Vodafone TV set-top box, about 2 years old. And a new Sony Bravia TV. However, I'm now finding that volume can only be controlled from the Sony remote, and the programs switched from the Vodafone remote.

I tried to run some setup to allow the Sony remote to manage the Vodafone box, using an IR blaster, but it throws an unexplained error.

Any tips anyone? Very frustrating to have to use 2 remotes for everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

In order to control your television’s Power, Volume Up/ Down and Mute buttons, please follow the steps below:

Press OK and 0 at the same time. The TV Power button will flash white.
    Press the TV Power button once. Hold your TV remote control in front of the Vodafone remote control and press the Power button. The Vodafone remote can now power your TV On/Off.
    Press Exit to complete.
    Repeat above process for Volume Up, Down and Mute.
    Test each action works correctly

Power On/Off TV set test
    Volume Up and Down test
    Mute TV test.
    In order to cancel or reset the remote back to original setting press “OK” and “2” together for 5 seconds. The TV Power button will blink white confirming the reset. A small percentage of TV manufacturer devices do not support this feature. taken from the vodafone website..hope this is of help

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

On a 2011 sony bravia , using a HDMI lead, by going into menu, settings, external inputs, hdmi set up, this allows me operate other units with my Sony remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    In order to control your television’s Power, Volume Up/ Down and Mute buttons, please follow the steps below:

Thanks for that. I tried that and managed to get control of the volume but not the power button. That's a great first step, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

decor58 wrote: »
    On a 2011 sony bravia , using a HDMI lead, by going into menu, settings, external inputs, hdmi set up, this allows me operate other units with my Sony remote.

I tried this but the Sony throws up an error, saying try again later. No explanation what the error is.

Advertisement