Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon free delivery

Options
  • 29-11-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭

29/11/18 - 05/12/18
    Amazon customers can enjoy free standard delivery in the UK and Ireland, with no minimum purchase amount.
    Just enter the promotional code FREEDELIVERY at checkout.
    (Only applies to items listed as “dispatched” or “fulfilled” by Amazon)

Go Go Go!

Don't forget TCB/Quidco cashback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Great find

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

nice one op

are there other promotions going on?

I just bought something that was £12.99

when I clicked through it came down to £9.50 at checkout stage, stuck in the free delivery code and shipping to Ireland total is coming in at £9.74.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Slight increase at checkout could be VAT related

Slight increase at checkout could be VAT related

ah yea I realise that on the 9.50 - 9.74.
    but the item was 12.99. just a random discount seems to be getting applied at the checkout

I was not sure if it was just this item or others. I only tried one other item and it was weird. no discount on the other item, it was about 9quid
    but when I tried the 2 of them together, the original item was not even discounting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Thanks op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Thanks hotukdeals and OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Let’s see what’s the bulkiest heaviest cheapest thing we can find. Just to get extra value.

ted1 wrote: »
    Let’s see what’s the bulkiest heaviest cheapest thing we can find. Just to get extra value.

I seem to recall someone on boards posting an Amazon link to really cheap add on items of about a quid which you might normally need to bring your basket over the regular free delivery threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

The best value heavy bulky item I bought previously is 12.75kg of Niger Seed (wild bird feed for Goldfinches and Siskins):
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Select-Niger-Seed-12-75Kg/dp/B007QD0JGY/

When An Post delivered it, it required a signature!

The only thing I ordered extra was a basic USB lead to bring it over the £25 mark, so was surprised when the postman asked to sign for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ted1 wrote: »

25k of sand for about £8.99 postman would be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is there any way to filter sold/fulfilled by Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭corkie

editorsean wrote: »
    The best value heavy bulky item I bought previously is 12.75kg of Niger Seed (wild bird feed for Goldfinches and Siskins):
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Select-Niger-Seed-12-75Kg/dp/B007QD0JGY/

Paid through the nose, The Range (if you have one near by) stock 20kg bags of bird feed for approx €21.

And sometimes aldi/lidl stock 10kg bags for approx €10.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Came across this promo with a list of products
    Save an additional 30% on your first ever subscription of selected products when you enter promo code SNS30 at checkout.
    This offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Friday, November 30, 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Is the free delivery multiple use?

dubmick wrote: »
    Is the free delivery multiple use?

i've used it twice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

"You successfully redeemed your promotional code".
    Promotions applied:
    Free Delivery Promo

but delivery £6.00?

sorry read wrong, yes free delivery
    thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    "You successfully redeemed your promotional code".
    Promotions applied:
    Free Delivery Promo

but delivery £6.00?

You'll see a promotion of minus the amount delivery costs added to your order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Put in second order 15 minutes later,didn't have to put in the code this time, Free delivery automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

corkie wrote: »
    Paid through the nose, The Range (if you have one near by) stock 20kg bags of bird feed for approx €21.

And sometimes aldi/lidl stock 10kg bags for approx €10.
    I assume that's not Niger seed. The following is a photo I took a while back, which shows what the Niger seed and Goldfinches look like. We usually have 5 to 10 fighting over the Niger feeder:

jDSqNaT.jpg?1

Generally the only bird food I buy is peanuts, Niger seed and fat balls for the garden feeders and sunflower hearts for the window feeder. These indeed are generally cheaper in our local pet shop or cash & carry, however, I rarely see Niger seed below €3 per kg, even for the larger bags.

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Came across this promo with a list of products
    Save an additional 30% on your first ever subscription of selected products when you enter promo code SNS30 at checkout.
    This offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Friday, November 30, 2018.
    2u4pnx3.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Why won't amazon deliver phone powerbanks. Tried using my own address and address pal and dpd virtual address but nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Why won't amazon deliver phone powerbanks. Tried using my own address and address pal and dpd virtual address but nothing

Address Pal should be working unless they have blocked it very recently.

ElNino wrote: »
    Address Pal should be working unless they have blocked it very recently.

Thanks got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

They won't ship Lithium batteries to Ireland (I'm not sure about NiCads)

eirman wrote: »

Anker has great deals on powerbanks today so picked up one for 26 pounds at half price and gone thru with address pal. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

eirman wrote: »

I assume the same for aerosols and perfumes. Also assume it's due to fire risk on the aircraft? They should just explain this and say it will be shipped via sea so will be delayed.

Although perfumes and aerosols are a bit odd you can bring them on in your laugage?

Bump
    last day for free delivery

zell12 wrote: »
    Bump
    last day for free delivery

crap.
    just thought of something i wanted
    missed it by 20 mins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Seve OB wrote: »
    crap.
    just thought of something i wanted
    missed it by 20 mins :(

Not sure if this will work but worth a try. I made an order a few days ago, during this offer. I contacted Amazon Support through Chat. I told them I entered the promo code but it didn't work. (I entered no such code) Now I am getting a full refund for that delivery. They said they will make one time exception for me. Which they always do :D

Now, the difference is, you made the purchase after the promo I am guessing. But still, you should get onto Support and give them a sob story. You never know :D Tell them you entered the code a few hours before the end date and it didn't register. And maybe throw in that your electricty was cut off that night so you missed out on the promo...

Advertisement