Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality street 698g tub €4 in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

467069.jpg
    The ubiquitous size comparison for nostalgic purposes.

Probably a good thing looking at the average waistline over the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

467069.jpg

imo i think prices and choc sizes have a lot to do with it, years ago you could buy a bar it would satisfy you because it was sized well, now they are twice the price and half the size but people are looking t multipacks for nearly the same price of one bar, here lies the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The big tins costed a fortune in the 80s, I remember it well, never being allowed get it, far more per kilo than nowadays, even when ignoring inflation.

Supervalu have a 1.2kg tin for €8 (it is €12 in tesco)

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-seasonal-quality-street-tin-1-2-kilogram-/p-1558316000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

But 2 of Tesco ones work out at 1.3kg, rounding up for same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

racso1975 wrote: »
    But 2 of Tesco ones work out at 1.3kg, rounding up for same price.

Yep, I was not saying it was cheaper. Some people want the big tins, for presents, novelty or to reuse the tin after. Some might not be near a tesco either.

My mother still has biscuits tins in everyday use from the 60s or 70s

The one on the left here.

wm_jac049-1068x499.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I heard an old Quinnsworth ad played on the radio the other day
    Maurice Pratt announcing their great prices.
    My god, they were mental, I can't remember exactly, but Jacobs USA Assorted stuck in my head for something like £16 :eek::eek::eek:

That's €20 and probably closer to €30 when you count for inflation :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Advertisement