Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing motivation, help

Options
  • 28-11-2018 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there, recently I've been losing motivation to study and I'm behind in my study schedule. I want to do well in the mocks but I'm not focusing on the them too much, as they're not the final goal. Any advice that can help me? I feel like I'm the only one, since I've been studying since September but everyone is starting study now. I do my homework but I just find myself going straight to bed at like 8:00, and waking up at 6:00, having no study done. It's annoying me, as I'm not even getting that much homework. Before (up to last week Wednesday) I would study at least 4 hours a day, but now I'm getting none:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have been doing 4 hours study every evening since September, you are WAY ahead of the majority of LC students.

Are you finding your study easy? If you are keeping up with classwork and homework is your study mostly just revision?

Break your study into blocks. If you know and understand a topic, glance over it every so often to revise it. If you know it, you know it. Concentrate more on areas you are not so familiar with, until you 'know' them too.

If you are really stuck on something, ask a teacher after class to run through it with you. Don't say you understand something if you don't.

A really good way of cementing stuff in your brain is to teach it to someone else. Could you team up with someone else who perhaps could help you with a different area of study?

Be careful not to overdo it. Give yourself breaks. Go to the cinema, walk in the park, have a run. Get oxygen into your blood.

Advertisement