Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming on prepaid Philippines

Options
  • 28-11-2018 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I been for years with 3ireland on prepaid, always been able to receive messages while abroad, Philippines mainly.

It looks like they changed something recently, I cant even register on their 'partner network' Globe anymore.

Anybody had recent experiences with other networks for roaming in the philippines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I had no issues when I was in the Philippines this year. I was with 3 as well. Although, that was a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loughpike

I had no issues when I was in the Philippines this year. I was with 3 as well. Although, that was a few months ago.

Yeah, i have been using 3 for the past 6 years, never a problem till few weeks ago, you might get the same problem, better be prepared. I posted a thread in 3, three also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

This happened to me in Belfast twice. Roaming just simply doesn't work and I assume it won't work in 2 weeks when I go to Bali and Philippines.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    This happened to me in Belfast twice. Roaming just simply doesn't work and I assume it won't work in 2 weeks when I go to Bali and Philippines.

Just checked with other networks, maybe vodafone is the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Loughpike wrote: »
    Just checked with other networks, maybe vodafone is the solution.

I changed from Eir because I can't get roaming anymore (worked fine up until past few months) then tried it on 3..same ****e. Live chat had no idea how to solve the issue.

I'm just out of ideas at this stage. But in Philippines, I just get a "smart" network sim card to use for internet. But I am worried that I'll be most likely not able to receive texts on my Irish SIM for a whole month. I'll be hounding the live chat during my free time to fix the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I was in the Philippines last September, I had an Irish Vodafone pay as you go sim, no porblems roaming.

I did the same as you, bought a Globe data sim for data access.

Sconsey wrote: »
    I was in the Philippines last September, I had an Irish Vodafone pay as you go sim, no porblems roaming.

I did the same as you, bought a Globe data sim for data access.

Thanks for that, i will switch to vodafone when i am back.

Advertisement