Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmo communicator

Options
  • 27-11-2018 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭

Anyone tempted? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-communicator#/updates/all

Ihave their previous model, the gemini. Which ironically appears to have packed up today but I should be able to get a replacement under warranty. The lack of backlit keyboard and external display is a bit of a bummer but this new Cosmo one doesn't have those problems. After using touchscreen-only phones for years it was definitely a relief to have the keyboard back

Comments

interesting device but with a keyboard that small you'd be faster on a touchscreen as you can't really touch type on it.

also you need a surface like a table / desk to type on as you need to rest the device - unlike with a touchscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Like a blast from the past
    no9110_00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks interesting. As much as I love my S9+, I still find myself missing my laptop if needing to do anything beyond a text/IM or one liner email.

Option B I suppose would be an 8" Windows tablet with keyboard but having the whole thing in one would be something I think I'd be pretty interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

glasso wrote: »
    interesting device but with a keyboard that small you'd be faster on a touchscreen as you can't really touch type on it.

also you need a surface like a table / desk to type on as you need to rest the device - unlike with a touchscreen.

I can touchtype on it though not as fast as a proper sized keyboard, but it's too big really for thumb typing. This keyboard is way better than what was on the Nokia 9500 back in the day - no hope of touch typing on those at all.

I could type mad fast on the Nokia E63 and 6810 keyboards even without looking and rarely made a mistake. Probably faster than on the Gemini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

That honestly looks like a technological step backwards. Who what's a physical qwerty? I've taught myself to swipe with one finger there is no other input method faster on a small handheld

• Advertisement
Advertisement