Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Sports Direct items ... can I return them to Irish shops?

Options
  • 27-11-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Don't want to have to post it back to UK. Pricey...

Can I just get a refund from their Irish shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Don't want to have to post it back to UK. Pricey...

Can I just get a refund from their Irish shops?

No. I've tried that before. Have to post it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I could only get an exchange in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

alroley wrote: »
    I could only get an exchange in the shop.

So there's hope. Could get a credit note/ voucher...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Hi all. Normally would say sorry for dragging up an old thread, but the fact that it's old is precisely the reason for dragging it up in the first place! Was recently seeking info on this kind of thing myself, couldn't find anything new here, and so just in case anybody else is looking for similar info any time soon, here's the situation:

Recently bought something online which I wanted to exchange, and saw this on their website:
    To return your item(s) for a credit note or where possible make an exchange, visit any Sports Direct store within 28 days.

So, I went off to the shop, only to find that's not how it works at all. Or not all the time anyway.

Basically, if you're returning an item that the shop usually has in its own stock, then that's fine - they'll take your item back and give you either an exchange or a credit note.

But if it's an item that they don't carry in their own stock in that store, then they won't take it back. Reason being (as explained by the store manager to me) is that they'd then end up with just one of that particular item, which causes hassles for things like their inventory system, people asking if they have it in a different size, etc.

In those cases, you have to send your item back by post/courier instead, which is what I ended up having to do myself.

Suppose the only way of finding out if they'll take your item back is to go into a shop anyway - worth a try if there's one close by, but if there's not, be conscious you could be just wasting your time in making an effort to get there in the first place.

Anyway, as I said, just posting this info in case it becomes useful to somebody else sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

It's €6.95 to return a SportsDirect order to the UK. You print a label here and bring it to your local ParcelConnect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement