Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have games?

Options
  • 27-11-2018 5:31pm

Afternoon, I finally picked up a One S in the sales the past couple of weeks having been off the consoles for a good few years. Think the last post I had in here referenced BLOPS2. The one major benefit seems to be a glut of decent games can be gotten on the cheap.

Managed to pick up GTA5, Fo4 and Limbo/inside for about €45 and wondering if others have advice on games that they consider worthwhile over the past couple of years that can be grabbed for under the €20 mark? Any gems hiding on "games with gold" I should know about?

Edit: one of my first posts in the Xbox forum :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Titanfall 2 is a great game. It's available on EA as far as I know, or it's cheap to pick up on it's own

Witcher 3 GOTY (includes DLC packs). Don't see it on offer at the moment but should be easy enough to pick up for €20 mark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EA access, pretty much all EA games for €25 euro a year

Game Pass, 100+ games for about a tenner a month (there's regularly half price sales on). All Microsoft developed games are available on release date, and all of the other games are usually pretty good too. Some stinkers, but mainly good to great games on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2 have to be included.

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Witcher 3
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Halo Series
    Gears of War Series
    Tomb Raider
    Sunset Overdrive
    Cuphead

As advised get EA Access (€24.99 a year) and Game Pass.

There are no gems hiding in "Games with gold". You maybe confusing it with Game Pass.

Games with Gold comes with an Xbox Gold sub.

It gives you access to multiplayer games but best of all 4 free games a month. 2 Xbox One and 2 Xbox 360 games (with backward comparability).

Some months better than others but well worth the money.

Available on CD keys for around €35 a year instead of €60 that MS charge.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2 have to be included.

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Witcher 3
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Halo Series
    Gears of War Series
    Tomb Raider
    Sunset Overdrive
    Cuphead

Cheers, played a good few of them in my 360 days ('til I took an arrow to the knee), though must say I'm intrigued by cuphead. Looks like great craic. Never heard of Ori either.

Nice one, also, for the heads up re: Gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Orange Box if you like FPS. Backward compatible and still some of the best value for money going.

Advertisement