Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun licensing under 18

Options
  • 27-11-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a query about getting a gun license im 17 have a training license and i was wondering can i get a rifle and a shotgun license at the age of 17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Molloy163 wrote: »
    I have a query about getting a gun license im 17 have a training license and i was wondering can i get a rifle and a shotgun license at the age of 17

You can get a "proper" licence for any firearm and ammunition that can be legally held by an individual as long as you fulfill all the criteria you have to fulfill. Good reason, storage and so on, you probably know yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Hack12

16 is the legal age to get a licence in your own name subject to licencing requirements being met.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cosieman

You are over 16 so yeah your good mate.

Advertisement