Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz512 for gallery

Options
  • 26-11-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Just curious if anyone uses one, or recommends one....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I personally haven't seen any on the firing lines, mostly 10/22 and the odd buckmark. and M1 carbine clones. I would say there's absolutely no reason why one wouldn't do the job well. Do you have one ? what about the Tactical now that's what you want for gallery nice looking rifle.

The Ruger 10/22 is the big favorite because of all the custom possibilities. Every last bit of the gun can be swapped out, and because it can we all do lol, costs a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Wadi14 wrote: »
    I personally haven't seen any on the firing lines, mostly 10/22 and the odd buckmark. and M1 carbine clones. I would say there's absolutely no reason why one wouldn't do the job well. Do you have one ? what about the Tactical now that's what you want for gallery nice looking rifle.

The Ruger 10/22 is the big favorite because of all the custom possibilities. Every last bit of the gun can be swapped out, and because it can we all do lol, costs a fortune.

Many thanks. Don't have one, but going to sub my cz452.
    Not interested in tactical version [is it even legal?] but Problem with 10/22 is having to buy a decent barrel, trigger etc. SO for same price, I'd guess the 512 is better. Only issue I can't find out is changing mags in a hurry compared with the 10/22, as they seem more fiddly

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

The slowest part with guys changing mags is having the mags in their pocket or not having them faced the correct way to load into the rifle, after you sort that plenty of dry practice loading and unloading will have you sorted in no time. its only the 1020 and 1500 where you need to change mags under time, the T&P and Multi there is no problem.
    And don't forget some 10 round mags, not the 5 rd ones just too much hassle for 6 rd comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

A guy down at midlands a few weeks back gave me a few shots of his CZ 512.
    I have to say, I liked it.
    He bought it for the exact reason that he didn't want to go buying a 10/22 and then have to start building a rifle from parts.

Trigger on it was fine. A little heavy, but not too bad at all. Accuracy was better than I expected. Was shooting a nice group at 100 yards ... probably a little over MOA.
    No hold open on the last round though.

I'm thinking about one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭NASRPC

The CZ 512 is perfectly acceptable for Smallbore Gallery Rifle.

I do not think I have seen one - but if it fires a .22 and is semi auto it will get the job done.

Changing magazine on a 10/22 is no cake walk - try it on a factory 10/22 - you need two hands to drop the empty mag - if it comes out - and it is very easy to bring the replacement up back to front and to not seat it properly.

Of course you can buy parts to make it easier - extended mag release - buy mag pouches to ensure the orientation - buy weights/handles to glue onto the mags to make em drop out and make it easier to seat em properly.

So the magazine on the 512 would not be a problem, any more than on anything else with a stick mag - such as the Remington or Anshutz semis - or indeed the IRMA M1 Carbine clone mentioned earlier.

Of course you need to ensure you can get more magazines as you need em (You should always have one more than the discipline calls for as you are not allowed to pick up a dropped mag) - two will do you for many disciplines such as 25m Precision, 50m Precision or Multi Target - but you would really want three for TP1, five for 1020 or 1500 and so on.

The advice I have always been given is "does it fit you?" - generally speaking that is the best indicator of whether it is for you.

If you ever find that YOU are outshooting the GUN - then you have a different problem.

Hope it helps,

NASRPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

great little Semi Auto rifle straight out of the box and shoots good groups , bought mine for TP1 etc

Advertisement