Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one s. Is it good for a 10 year girl

Options
  • 25-11-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for an advise.
    My daughter asked a console for Christmas.
    I looked in Smyth's and they have the Xbox one s at 200 euro on offer.
    Is this a good console for family fun and no online gaming.

Looked online and the Nintendo switch has better reviews for family games but too expensive to be honest

What are the main differences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cargen wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for an advise.
    My daughter asked a console for Christmas.
    I looked in Smyth's and they have the Xbox one s at 200 euro on offer.
    Is this a good console for family fun and no online gaming.

Looked online and the Nintendo switch has better reviews for family games but too expensive to be honest

What are the main differences?

Thanks

Buy whatever console her friends have. If they all have PS4 there's no point going for an Xbox or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Buy whatever console here friends have. If they all have PS4 there's no point going for an Xbox or vice versa.

Not sure about her friends.
    To be honest I am looking for a console that can be used at home with her brother and sister in multiplayer mode.
    Not looking for online gaming.
    I don't know anything about consoles so I am very confused.

Not sure about her friends.
    To be honest I am looking for a console that can be used at home with her brother and sister in multiplayer mode.
    Not looking for online gaming.
    I don't know anything about consoles so I am very confused.

Eventually they'll want to play online with their friends so having the same console they do will be a big help.

Personally the Switch is probably the best family orientated console available with the likes of Mario Kart, Mario Party, Pokémon and Smash Brothers coming. There are plenty of other really good games available as well like Mario Odyssey with the usual FIFA etc.

Xbox can offer very good value for money with the likes of Game Pass and EA Access for a yearly fee giving access to loads of games. You can get a GamePass for about €50/€60 from Amazon at the minute.

PS4 is another good option but I wouldn't be really up to date with all the child friendly exclusive games available on that.

All three have Minecraft, Fortnite and FIFA which seems to be the main games kids like.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Eventually they'll want to play online with their friends so having the same console they do will be a big help.

Personally the Switch is probably the best family orientated console available with the likes of Mario Kart, Mario Party, Pokémon and Smash Brothers coming. There are plenty of other really good games available as well like Mario Odyssey with the usual FIFA etc.

Xbox can offer very good value for money with the likes of Game Pass and EA Access for a yearly fee giving access to loads of games. You can get a GamePass for about €50/€60 from Amazon at the minute.

PS4 is another good option but I wouldn't be really up to date with all the child friendly exclusive games available on that.

All three have Minecraft, Fortnite and FIFA which seems to be the main games kids like.

I think I will give the Xbox a chance.
    The price is tempting and I don't want to spend that amount for the switch.

I think I will give the Xbox a chance.
    The price is tempting and I don't want to spend that amount for the switch.

Ok have a read over here so. Any questions just ask and someone will help.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057929307/2/#post108665448

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

You'd want to be buying the console in the next day or 2 cos they are discounted at the moment. Xboxes are 100 cheaper at the moment and I'm sure playstations are discounted too. Think the switch is pretty much the same price all year round.

Switch would probably be more suited to younger kids by my 7yo has an Xbox and there are plenty of games to suit his age group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My eldest is 10, he's currently playing Fortnite online with his cousin and some school friends,we keep an eye on who he chats with online so it's a small group of friends we know.
    One of his cousins got a switch last year and barely uses it.
    Remember that you control the games bought and what they access,just like tv and movies.
    Get the console now while it's on offer, extra controllers are also on offer so pick up what's needed now before they go back up in price.
    You might even get a chance to play some games yourself on it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

My 11 year old girl loves SIMS on the xbox.
    When she has friends over its Rayman with 4 pads, or Overcooked. Also plays Fortnight.

Advertisement