Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas roadworks GoSafe vans coming

Options
  • 24-11-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭

Shane Beatty on Newstalk saying that Naas Garda station confirmed GoSafe vans will be deployed in the roadworks from Monday enforcing the 60kph limit.

I should be safe as I only ever seem to average 0 - 20kph at the best of times 🙄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Bloody joke that section is. 60 is difficult to maintain on that section it should have been 80kph similar to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Infini wrote: »
    Bloody joke that section is. 60 is difficult to maintain on that section it should have been 80kph similar to the UK.

Infini wrote: »

60 is difficult to maintain on that section it should have been 80kph

How is it "difficult to maintain " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

gctest50 wrote: »
    How is it "difficult to maintain " ?

1) You constantly have people behind you and are too close to one another and its unnerving to be stuck like that. Even got people on the outer lane overtaking you at 60.

2) The lenght of those roadworks is way too long on that section it goes right from before Naad up to the M7/9 split.

3) Why is the speed limit HALF of a motorway speed when vast tracts of that section is usually empty theres noone working most of it most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So today is the first day of the increased enforcement.

Anyone see the vans/patrols out this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

There was a van southbound past the big ball this morning around 8am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I saw one Northbound around 7am (nice and dark) just before the roadworks finish, a place a lot of people naturally speed up towards the clear road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

Great, long may it continue. I am fed up being overtaken by artics and coaches in the fast lane its 10 mins extra of peoples time to slow down and drive the limit. stick the radio on and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Also gives 10 mins extra for people to learn there's no such thing as a fast lane etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Dont_Cry For_Me Suriname!

I set the cruise control to 55 km/h. The amount of pricks and cunts who flash and beep and overtake me is astonishing. I just stay put though, I have front and rear-mounted dashcams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement