Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 8 | Evolution [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 24-11-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

:: MID SEASON FINALE ::

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 8 - "Evolution"

Airdate - November 25th on AMC at 9/8c | November 26th on FOX UK at 9PM

A rescue mission hunts for a missing comrade, only to face a deadly threat that could end them all.

* The Walking Dead will return in February 2019 for the remainder of Season 9

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 43 votes

0%
    9%
    robertpattersonfritzellyOrgasmicBazWalter.White 4 votes
    18%
    charlietheminxxCYHSNsnowgalalchemist33downesyBig mac and fries[Deleted User]jrkb 8 votes
    39%
    TinCoolNUTZZfrashED EkilkennykittenBlazingSaddlermansterpromethiusthegreengoblinfranklyonfoozzybear61darklighterMac BsabhailCiaranWOkongreenwaving 17 votes
    11%
    Mc LoveFreudianSlipperswillowthewispterryduff12Foreign Sports 5 votes
    9%
    Darth MelkorSubacioParkman77Sudden Valley 4 votes
    6%
    Jimmy BottleheadAdamBMaravilla33 3 votes
    0%
    0%
    4%
    machiavellianmeKeplar240B 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Is anybody sick of characters saying “hilltop”
    “Saviors” “Alexandria” “kingdom” Jeeezsus lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

As with most of the episodes this season, a whole lot of nothing happens and then suddenly in the last few minutes it's crazy. That being said, it was a better episode than most this season. I can't believe that they've
    actually killed Jesus
    though; I'm wondering if that's a fake out?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Thought it was a pretty decent episode overall. Also it gives some indication as to where the show is heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

As with most of the episodes this season, a whole lot of nothing happens and then suddenly in the last few minutes it's crazy. That being said, it was a better episode than most this season. I can't believe that they've
    actually killed Jesus
    though; I'm wondering if that's a fake out?

On that point
    the actor sums up what fans have been thinking with regard to his character over the last few years. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-tom-payne-exits-jesus-fate-explained-1163273

As you say there wasn't a whole lot going on but from
    the moment they found Eugene
    ...I have to say it was superb after that. Proper cliffhanger ending too, genuinely shocking. But now I feel like that just when the show regains its balls, it's gone again until February!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

biggebruv wrote: »

Nah, people that say "lol" irritate we WAY more ! ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great mid season finale - had me glued watching it which makes a change.
    Actors did say it was the creepiest episode they've filmed

biggebruv wrote: »

Yeah, I'd much rather hear them say 'That place miles away to the west with the big house at the top of the hill' or 'the gated community over yonder'...

fritzelly wrote: »
    Great mid season finale - had me glued watching it which makes a change.
    Actors did say it was the creepiest episode they've filmed

Was that the first time we've seen a cemetary in the show? I'd say it is. Great setting, with the fog rolling around, and superbly executed. A classic example of doing the simple things right and the rest should just follow from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

not a bad episode. I wish they had focussed on the predicament of Jesus's group rather than spend time with Michonne being awkward and the the kids' adventure. Jesus arrived in the show when it got a bit silly so i never really warmed to the character. But still good ending.

Was that the first time we've seen a cemetary in the show? I'd say it is. Great setting, with the fog rolling around, and superbly executed. A classic example of doing the simple things right and the rest should just follow from there.

Daryl and Beth went through one and I think there was graves beside Fr. Gabriel's church.

But nothing creepy like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Keep them together, I'd be sh**ting it if I heard that

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good episode. Looked like a scene from Michael Jackson's Thriller for a finish. Was half expecting a Vincent Price type evil laugh.
    Jesus grew some balls in the end with his ninja moves but it was too late, the character was really devoid of purpose since his introduction a few seasons back. Lets hope he doesn't live up to his name sake and rise again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

really enjoyed that episode I must say. The ending was fierce! cant believe Jesus is gone. I thought I saw him breathing at the end and thought oh they're gonna keep him alive, but then the actor confirmed afterwards that was it...best episode in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Absolutely the best episode in ages. I felt genuine tension watching it, which I haven’t in years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

It was a return to form and I hope they can sustain it. Great tension, good atmosphere and it was a shock to see Jesus get killed. Although it was the best episode in some time, it had the lowest viewers for a mid-season finale in the shows run. At 5.1 million it's over two million less than last year and a long way off season fives 14.8 million.

To get back the viewers episodes like that will need to be the norm rather than the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

mzungu wrote: »
    It was a return to form and I hope they can sustain it. Great tension, good atmosphere and it was a shock to see Jesus get killed. Although it was the best episode in some time, it had the lowest viewers for a mid-season finale in the shows run. At 5.1 million it's over two million less than last year and a long way off season fives 14.8 million.

To get back the viewers episodes like that will need to be the norm rather than the exception.

Fully agree with you there on these episodes being the norm.
    I have really enjoyed this season.
    The last few seasons have been terrribly bad.
    I vowed to go off the show so many times but I have invested so much time into the show that I kept on with it.
    Glad I did this year as I have enjoyed this season a lot so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Good episode, lots happening. Makes a nice change from the more usual short exchanges of words, followed by one character looking morosely at the back of another character as they walk away.

I'm looking forward to the Whisperers arc, although I said the same thing about the Negan arc, and they dragged the ar$e out of that one. I also thought the same thing about the Terminus arc, and whoosh!! a couple of episodes and it was (mostly) done. Mind you, different show runner this time so maybe it will be a different story, so to speak.

Oh Gabriel. Someone please give him some Fisher Price keys to play with instead of real ones. Although tbf, the guy who was there with him and released Negan from his cuffs didn't seem to realise Gabriel had left the cell open either....

I'm guessing the teenagers at the Hilltop will be recurring characters, I mean Henry is hardly going to be able to avoid them, and it looked like the girl didn't really want to follow the guys in their shenanigans that night. Possible future storyline there?

I enjoyed the graveyard fight scene, although it was shot on a sound stage not on location, and tbh I could tell. RIP Jesus (insert joke about *coming back in three days* here) and poor Aaron lost a friend and another potential partner, although the vibe the writers were giving us was that they were just friends, possibly teasing us with a romance further down the line, only BAM! Nope.

Although I'm not a reader of the comics, I've heard that comic Jesus was a lot more badass and a much bigger character than tv Jesus, and Tom Payne got a little tired of being sidelined and having cool comic Jesus storylines not realised on screen. I can't say I blame him, he arrived with a bang and we didn't really see much of him in a main storyline after that. In fact apart from infiltrating the Sanctuary that time (When Corrrrral snuck in with him) I'd struggle to think of him being the main focus of a storyline, he was always just a supporting character. Even his leadership of Hilltop was shown as just that one conversation with Tara, iirc. And of course he gets a bit more screen time in the couple of episodes before being killed off. I did see an interview with Tom where he mentioned that we will probably see Jesus again in flashbacks, I'm guessing covering the happenings in the previous six years explaining what the hell happened between Michonne and ....everyone else, seemingly.

Did anyone catch the trailer for ep 9? The whisperers really do look terrifying, and
    Negan seems to be reunited with Lucille and back at a deserted Sanctuary. Thanks, Gabriel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I did see an interview with Tom where he mentioned that we will probably see Jesus again in flashbacks.

I bet Negan will be the one who has the flashbacks, and it will happen while he is travelling to this place. ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I have to disagree and say the whole episode disappointed massively, including the graveyard scene. It was alright at best. Jesus' death was a nice surprise, he felt like a very underutilised character which a previous post supports.

Oh well. The long, long circle around the drain continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Maybe you should go watch supergirl or something
    Obvious youve lost all interest in the series so whyp pretend to even care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've been skimming these threads to see if it might be worth getting back into this. Is it fair to say its picked up a bit this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Essien wrote: »
    I've been skimming these threads to see if it might be worth getting back into this. Is it fair to say its picked up a bit this season?

In my opinion yes. I don't think there's been a bad episode in this season apart from last week's maybe. Best season in a few years.

This week's episode was enjoyable when they concentrated on Eugene's rescue mission. Not sure what the point of the Henry arc was. Suspect that he's being built up as the new Carl.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

fritzelly wrote: »
    Maybe you should go watch supergirl or something
    Is it good? You're recommending it due to its great pacing and storytelling I presume?
    Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure what the point of the Henry arc was. Suspect that he's being built up as the new Carl.
    he is... you'll start to see that on the return when he's locked in a cell next to the whisperer girl they capture

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why didn't they have at some point one of characters say," it must be people hiding in among the zombies covered in blood...." and another say "look have you see any people in there... "?

why didn't they at some point one of characters say, it must be people hiding in among the zombies covered in blood.... and another look have you see any people in there... ?

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Essien wrote: »

It has a bit alright although there are still some episodes that go nowhere such as the penultimate one before the mid season break. Mid season finale was genuinely good. Feels a slightly different show with no Rick or Maggie and a new enemy having just appeared.

Not sure I trust them to not mess it up yet but will tune in for the 2nd half of the season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Finally caught up. Thought it was pretty poor really, save for the last 5 minutes. Michonne and the others turning up when they did despite being hours behind made no sense. I'll give the rest of s9 a whirl based purely on that graveyard scene before evaluating whether to continue watching.

Advertisement