Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy 10.1

Options
  • 24-11-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

PC world were offering this tablet yesterday (Black friday)with a free Samsung case and a years antivirus for E180. Store pick up only. On sale on lots of other sites without the free case or antivirus.

I went to their Blanchardstown shop at lunchtime and the queues were so long that i decided to order online and pick up today.

Site said that they were out of stock everywhere and I wasn't able to order it.

For pig iron, I tried again this morning and the site accepted my order. Cost and extra E5.00 for delivery, but that case is worth far more than that to me, so happy days, I ordered.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-tablet-livesafe-premium-2019-folio-case-bundle-10188009-pdt.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Looks a good deal but I have been stuck before and promised myself that I would never again order a tablet with less than 4GB of RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

I order this and used the Visa 10% cashback. Arrived this morning and the case is genuine which I wasnt expecting.
    Happy 10yo girl this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Murt10 wrote: »
    PC world were offering this tablet yesterday (Black friday)with a free Samsung case and a years antivirus for E180. Store pick up only. On sale on lots of other sites without the free case or antivirus.

I went to their Blanchardstown shop at lunchtime and the queues were so long that i decided to order online and pick up today.

Site said that they were out of stock everywhere and I wasn't able to order it.

For pig iron, I tried again this morning and the site accepted my order. Cost and extra E5.00 for delivery, but that case is worth far more than that to me, so happy days, I ordered.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-tablet-livesafe-premium-2019-folio-case-bundle-10188009-pdt.html

Anyone know what money this tablet has? It says 32gb but when I went to view it in store yesterday, I went to the storage while playing around with it and it said 16gb, which happens to be the most common model of this tablet.

The guy helping me out didn't seem to know anything about it as I told him it was the 2016 version and he was like, no its the 2018 one........and then after he left I navigated to settings and it says Galaxy Tab A (2016) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

Colemania wrote: »
    Anyone know what money this tablet has? It says 32gb but when I went to view it in store yesterday, I went to the storage while playing around with it and it said 16gb, which happens to be the most common model of this tablet.

The guy helping me out didn't seem to know anything about it as I told him it was the 2016 version and he was like, no its the 2018 one........and then after he left I navigated to settings and it says Galaxy Tab A (2016) :D

I got mine delivered and it says 32GB on the box. Of course when purchasing in store double check everything. From my experience a lot of staff haven't a clue and are only interested in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Android has a funny way of displaying available space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

Loking for a 10" table for a 9 years old - had been very close to pushing the button on the Amazon Fire - but then saw this - is this a much better buy?

Opinions please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

scan wrote: »
    Loking for a 10" table for a 9 years old - had been very close to pushing the button on the Amazon Fire - but then saw this - is this a much better buy?

Opinions please

I can't comment on the Amazon Fire but I have the Samsung and think it's a great tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Currys online saying its out of stock everywhere but just got one in white in the Carrickmines store in Dublin. They're out of stock in the cases but getting them back in so will collect that later in the week.

32gb alright so seems like a fantastic deal

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eabhaniamh

I can order a white one online now with free delivery but not part of the bundle package. Will I be able to get the case free ant the anti virus if they come back into stock in store or should I wait?

Advertisement